5,594,151 Members 47,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"com.android.systemui has stopped"

Tip us?

jamespat93
Old
(Last edited by jamespat93; 30th January 2014 at 05:34 PM.) Reason: Solved my problem
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default "com.android.systemui has stopped"

Yesterday I rooted my phone and put on Xposed and gravity box. Since then I've been downloading various things and trying out different customisation options. The last thing I download was MotoXposed and I made my navigation bar completely transparent, when I tried to disable the effect my phone just came up with the message 'unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'. Now I can't use my phone and the message keeps coming up everytime I turn it on. How can I fix this? or get my phone working again?

Don't worry I've fixed my phone completely now.

BlakeParker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespat93 View Post
Yesterday I rooted my phone and put on Xposed and gravity box. Since then I've been downloading various things and trying out different customisation options. The last thing I download was MotoXposed and I made my navigation bar completely transparent, when I tried to disable the effect my phone just came up with the message 'unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'. Now I can't use my phone and the message keeps coming up everytime I turn it on. How can I fix this? or get my phone working again?

Don't worry I've fixed my phone completely now.
Can you tell me how did you solve it w/o reseting your phone?

marc_miranda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker View Post
Boot into recovery and flash Xposed-Recovery-Framework located at /sdcard . This is assuming the problem was caused by an Xposed module in the first place. Not sure whether OP uses this

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to marc_miranda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlakeParker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up thnx

thnxx got it!

jamespat93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker View Post
All I had to do was reboot my phone and luckily (even though the message was still coming up) I could still use the touchscreen. This allowed me to go to the motoXposed module that caused the problems and undo the options I changed.