Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 50,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cell / WiFi icon

Tip us?

Valiceemo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Cell / WiFi icon

I'm working on a status bar and the cell or WiFi icon doesn't seem to be working correctly.
When on WiFi it works on as in shows the current signal strength ok but when WiFi is not connected it's showing like I only have 1 bar of WiFi.
I'm using the icon set minimal status icons and mode WiFi / cell signal with advanced parameters to change the size.
Any ideas

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

Valiceemo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
All these views and no help. 😣

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiceemo View Post
I'm working on a status bar and the cell or WiFi icon doesn't seem to be working correctly.
When on WiFi it works on as in shows the current signal strength ok but when WiFi is not connected it's showing like I only have 1 bar of WiFi.
I'm using the icon set minimal status icons and mode WiFi / cell signal with advanced parameters to change the size.
Any ideas

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2
That's probably a bug with the icon set you are using. I think that one wasn't updated for ages so it might not use the latest available states. I made a status bar with wifi/signal/battery icons that mimic the system versions and where wifi hides if not connected. It's part of my Vertique skin which you can check out here. The icons are font based and not in a icon set but if you want, I can provide you with my template as a base for your work.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Valiceemo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post
That's probably a bug with the icon set you are using. I think that one wasn't updated for ages so it might not use the latest available states. I made a status bar with wifi/signal/battery icons that mimic the system versions and where wifi hides if not connected. It's part of my Vertique skin which you can check out here. The icons are font based and not in a icon set but if you want, I can provide you with my template as a base for your work.
Thanks.
I've downloaded your skins and they don't seem to work.
In the top right I have all the icons. None are hiding.

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks.
I've downloaded your skins and they don't seem to work.
In the top right I have all the icons. None are hiding.

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2
Hmm. Just checked and everything works fine for me. Sounds like Zooper isn't polling the correct values. Could you please make a widget that prints out the variables #NCSTATE#, #NCSIG# and #NWSTATE#, put that on the same screen as my statusbar widget and then make two screenshots, one with wifi connection, one without?

Oh and on which Zooper version are you?

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

Valiceemo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I'll do this later as I'm not able to get on WiFi right now.
I'm using zooper pro. v2.44

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

Valiceemo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Screen shot of current conditions

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1985

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Screen shot of current conditions

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2
Seems to me on the screen shot that the wifi icon is correctly hidden? The overlapping battery icon shouldn't be there though. I sometimes notice that after editing the widget but it goes away after a short moment. Does it stay the whole time for you?

More of a problem though is that you use 4G. This currently supplies Zooper with wrong values for cell signal and thus the cell icon will not display any bars.

Valiceemo
Old
(Last edited by Valiceemo; 30th January 2014 at 11:49 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Ah OK. So zooper is no good with 4G data?
Yes the overlapping battery is the all the time.

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2