XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How rare are these?

Tip us?

foomie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool How rare are these?

So there's a limited supply of these sweet glasses I assume? Are there any indications when these will ship internationally or anything? Since I'm gonna use the glasses for long distance pumping on longboard I cannot buy em from the US, there will be crashes, no doubt about it, I need to have some kind of warranty or insurance from a store here in Sweden.
All the extreme spamming of invites (someone should merge all of em into the sticky) are those prototype glasses that were released for developers only? I dearly hope that the 1500$ price tag I noticed is just taken out of the blue because it would be an expensive piece of junk when I'm done longboarding for the summer unless the insurance or warranty covers my fail costs
Last but not least, they're ugly ass f* right? Though I'm not riding longboard to be sexy so I really don't mind

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
Well, 10000 initially, then each of them got 3 invites each. Not all invites given away, however pretty sure all those that accepted invites also got 3 invites (I know I did)

There can't be many outside the us. Had to jump through heaps of holes just to get it to Australia

The us$1500 is before you add tax (us$120)
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock JB 4.3 | XXUEML6 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUBMH1 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: AUSDIM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb

[ROM: Jellybean 4.3 | CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]

Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 (T520) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Google Glass (Explorer)
--------
My Android Downloads
--------
OPTUS Post Paid | 3 UK PAYG | Orange France Pre Paid

danguyf
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I don't think they're ugly.

hubono
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
Well, 10000 initially, then each of them got 3 invites each. Not all invites given away, however pretty sure all those that accepted invites also got 3 invites (I know I did)

There can't be many outside the us. Had to jump through heaps of holes just to get it to Australia

The us$1500 is before you add tax (us$120)
Hi can you spare an invite?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

anomolli
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think there's more than the original 10,000 + 30,000 invites. Google has a waiting list now that people have successfully been able to receive an invite. Additionally, I was able to get one through some contacts at Google, so I don't think there's any way to tell. Plus, after sending my 3 invites out in early December, none of my invites received an actual invite yet. Given the consumer one is supposed to be released first half of 2014, the appeal to spend $1500.00 bucks on the prototype is waning, IMHO.
Just a chick who really digs gadgets and things that go vroooom!

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
I got in on first invite rush. Only one of the three people I invited have got invite (that would make them 3rd round I guess)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock JB 4.3 | XXUEML6 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUBMH1 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: AUSDIM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb

[ROM: Jellybean 4.3 | CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]

Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 (T520) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Google Glass (Explorer)
--------
My Android Downloads
--------
OPTUS Post Paid | 3 UK PAYG | Orange France Pre Paid

sf_glasser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I signed up via the web form and received invitation few days ago. Probably more floating around besides the initial batch.