Rules for inquiring a subject matter concerning this project are:
1. Read the OP fully.
2. For bug reports, we need a log to assess the issue. Capture a log while replicating the issue.
3. Do not ask ETA's on updates; you will be ignored.
4. Use the "search this thread" feature to make sure your question wasn't already answered by using key words.
5. Only ask a question about this project. Any questions about another ROM or project will be disregarded.
6. You don't like our OctOS symbol. Too bad.
7. You want 100% untouched/unmodified AOSP. This isn't the ROM for you.
8. Team OctOs/Octo-Kat is open source. You can always build it yourself.
OctOs Settings - These features are included and can be enabled at the user's preference
- Navigation Bar (On-Screen Buttons)
- Notification LED control
- Status Bar control
- Active Display
- Application Side-Bar
- Battery Bar
- Theme Engine
- Power Menu Options
- Apps Ops preserved
- Custom Progress Bar
- OctOS Settings (Hidden in Build Date give it a Tap)
Team-OctOS Settings and Layouts: http://youtu.be/62jwg9KLFBU
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it
Q: But CM and all the others have..
A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat
ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log
- Download ROM .zip file
- Download KitKat GApps - * See Note Below! *
- Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
--- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM but it can be used if TWRP can not flash ---
- Flash ROM, GApps files
- Clear Dalvik/Cache
A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.
In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any ODEX'ed GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.
You can find our Team OctOs GApps packages here, and break down into the following types:
- GPe - Google Experience
- Regular GPe GApps
- Dalvik-Enhanced GPe GApps
- AOSP GApps
- Dalvik-Enhanced AOSP GApps
The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.
We will only update the thread with Stable Releases, whenever possible. This means that the thread may be behind non-milestone releases. If you have an issue with compulsive flashing, or feel the need to live 'life on the edge of brick', we invite you to follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Any dailies that can be released, we will release there. Please note, we pull these releases after a day or two, so if the latest link posted there is empty, simply wait until the next one.
- Follow Team OctOs on Facebook
Grommish, Dubbsy, hlxanthus, treken, agat63, cjkacz, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s, bthorne79
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk