Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to create a new Google account

Tip us?

lartomar2002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default How to create a new Google account

Hope I am posting in the right area. My Ouya is rooted and I have Google play services installed and Google store. My Google account was recently hacked so I had to change my username and password. When I go to advanced settings>accounts>google I can not see a way to remove my old Google account or how to add a new one. When highlighting my Google account nothing shows for removing or adding. Could my 1080p resolution be hiding some button I can not see? I tried the deleting the Google store cache, data, force stop trick but when I open Google play and sign the tos it still opens with my old account. I'm struggling here. ;D
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T-CROMBi-kk 4.4.2
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php
Nothing left in my right brain, nothing right in my left brain

tarvoke
Old
Thanks Meter 23
it's kind of stupid - you need to have a standard android "menu/settings" button, which on the ouya is only available as single-click on the ouya controller center button.

so, click into the google account, press the controller center black button once, and it will pull up the delete/change/etc. menu.

once you delete the account, a couple ways to add a new one is simply open up play store or gmail or google voice.

(Iately I find this more and more of an annoyance with certain apps that have no other way to pull up that function. there are ways to map that onto usb keyboard, which are not too difficult with the keylayout files, I think I really need to get around to setting that up)
KFTV: The Quest for Kindle, OUYA (kitkat!), GOGHVMU (titanium-froze 200+ apks. much better now), Qualcomm GSP 1600 (Global*Star LEO)
The Following User Says Thank You to tarvoke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lartomar2002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
@tarvoke, thank you. My wife is watching a movie right now but when she finishes i will give this a try. If you figure out out to map it to a keyboard please post it here.
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)

lartomar2002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
it's kind of stupid - you need to have a standard android "menu/settings" button, which on the ouya is only available as single-click on the ouya controller center button.

so, click into the google account, press the controller center black button once, and it will pull up the delete/change/etc. menu.

once you delete the account, a couple ways to add a new one is simply open up play store or gmail or google voice.

(Iately I find this more and more of an annoyance with certain apps that have no other way to pull up that function. there are ways to map that onto usb keyboard, which are not too difficult with the keylayout files, I think I really need to get around to setting that up)
OK this worked very well.
Before I open another thread maybe you can help me with something else. When I download from the Ouya store it will ask me if I want to d/l to internal or external storage but when d/l'ing from Google playstore Ouya does not offer that option. Do I have to move the data and obb files myself?
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)