XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data not working after installing custom ROM

Tip us?

Shoib
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Storage Data not working after installing custom ROM

Hi. I've recently got into to ROM'ing on my Razr HD (XT926). I've tried about 3 different ROMs, and I'm currently using the Liquid Smooth ROM. My problem is that with every ROM I've used, the data isn't working. I'm running at&t thanks to modem unlocking the phone. I can make and receive calls as well as receive text messages, however, I can't send text messages and I can't access an Internet connection through the network's data. I've tried doing the modem unlock a few more times, although that hasn't done anything. Has anyone experienced this problem, and is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

deeje00
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Try using the Roms for the xt925.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

Shoib
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje00 View Post
Try using the Roms for the xt925.

Are you sure they'll work the same?

deeje00
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Yes it's still basically the save phone. Or you could try this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2165746

juanepichio
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Sometimes we need to manually set the access point names (APN). It happens to me everytime I flash a new rom. Check on Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access Point Names, or similar. Now, if missing, you must add every APN your carrier uses to establish a data connection.

Hope it helps.

Shoib
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanepichio View Post
Sometimes we need to manually set the access point names (APN). It happens to me everytime I flash a new rom. Check on Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Access Point Names, or similar. Now, if missing, you must add every APN your carrier uses to establish a data connection.

Hope it helps.
This sort of worked. I was able to get my connection back, but it keeps flickering on and off. I've tried adding all the APNs, but it will only let me save two. Every time I add another and press the "save" button, nothing happens and the APN doesn't appear. Sometimes I can send text messages whenever the data shows up, but most of the time, it doesn't. This is getting really frustrating.

Anyone on this forum with an XT926 have it running on at&t and on a custom ROM?

deeje00
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Well the xt926 is strictly cdma I believe. While the xt925 is a gsm version.

juanepichio
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoib View Post
This sort of worked. I was able to get my connection back, but it keeps flickering on and off. I've tried adding all the APNs, but it will only let me save two. Every time I add another and press the "save" button, nothing happens and the APN doesn't appear. Sometimes I can send text messages whenever the data shows up, but most of the time, it doesn't. This is getting really frustrating.

Anyone on this forum with an XT926 have it running on at&t and on a custom ROM?
Glad it "sort of" worked. Not showing anything or more than two APN it's a common bug between roms, as far I can recall it does add them anyway. Just being curious, which rom and build are you using? Are you sure your XT926 is GSM?

Shoib
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje00 View Post
Well the xt926 is strictly cdma I believe. While the xt925 is a gsm version.

But the XT926 has GSM radios and can access at&t's HSPA+ through a modem unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanepichio View Post
Glad it "sort of" worked. Not showing anything or more than two APN it's a common bug between roms, as far I can recall it does add them anyway. Just being curious, which rom and build are you using? Are you sure your XT926 is GSM?
LiquidSmooth 4.2.2

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoib View Post
But the XT926 has GSM radios and can access at&t's HSPA+ through a modem unlock.

LiquidSmooth 4.2.2
The only fix for unsteady 4g is a restore to the phone's orig sw & start modding again from there.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!