Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] I9000T Cyanogen Mod

OP przemo3679

30th January 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello guys . I have little question. My girlfrend bought brand new Galaxy S, but when it arrived it turned out it is I9000T.
I want to flash latest CM, but i don`t know is CM from usual Galaxy S will fit. I heard there is some trouble with radio and EFS files.
Please help I don`t want to brick brand new phone.

Sorry for bad english
31st January 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by przemo3679

Hello guys . I have little question. My girlfrend bought brand new Galaxy S, but when it arrived it turned out it is I9000T.
I want to flash latest CM, but i don`t know is CM from usual Galaxy S will fit. I heard there is some trouble with radio and EFS files.
Please help I don`t want to brick brand new phone.

Sorry for bad english

refer to this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat on how to save your EFS, data files etc before flashing, the T may need its modem, so note down its version ( note down everything concerning your current ROM and also make nandroid backup) , before attempting to flash any i9000 custom ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

refer to this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat on how to save your EFS, data files etc before flashing, the T may need its modem, so note down its version ( note down everything concerning your current ROM and also make nandroid backup) , before attempting to flash any i9000 custom ROM.

Ok i get it but is it fully safe ? My friend accidentally flash ROM from other device and he can`t even turn it in to download mode becose ports of buttons has changed. Sorry if i wrong, but it`s my GF phone and u know
31st January 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by przemo3679

Ok i get it but is it fully safe ? My friend accidentally flash ROM from other device and he can`t even turn it in to download mode becose ports of buttons has changed. Sorry if i wrong, but it`s my GF phone and u know

yeah, for sure, you can get a headache so get a second opinion Differences between GT i9000t and GT i9000
and follow the link given earlier to make proper backups before attempting anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread