5,606,201 Members 33,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard bricked S4 mini GT-I9195

Tip us?

Boombastical
Old
(Last edited by Boombastical; 5th January 2014 at 07:54 PM.) Reason: Added new event
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] Hard bricked S4 mini GT-I9195

Hi fellows S4 mini owners and the Android developers,

I just bought S4 Mini GT-I9195 LTE as present for my daughter and it came with the latest firmware XXUBMJ7 and with KNOX and I rooted it following this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2364980 and everything went well.
So, I got rooted S4 mini with CWM Recovery on stock kernel and in Knox everything was changed to Custom and Knox was showing 0x1.
I have partitioned 16 Gb SDHC class 10 micro card with MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition with next partitions:

First partition: 12 Gb FAT32 (unchanged) Primary
Second partition: 2 GB Ext4 Primary
Third partition: 512 mb Swap Primary

I have installed Link2SD to try if it should work with second Ext4 partition and it wiould work for the moment and it would link all removable apps to the second partition but with next boot it would get all force closed (FC's) messages about this moved apps.
I did a factory reset from CWM Recovery and I tried all again but now I changed in Link2SD options to link apps but without automatic linking apps to second partition and it seemed to work and It only moved one part of installed apps to second partition with no more FC's after the reboot.
Now after that I wanted to get SWAP partition working and I have installed "Swapper2 for root" and I have choose in options to use Swap partition and it took third partition mmcbklp03 as Swap partition (and I think that here went wrong but I'm not sure) and I remember that there was option in Swapper2 to always format SWAP partition on the boot.and it was chacked.
I have swiched on Swapper2 and at first instance it faild to find SWAP partition, then I tried once again and it succeed to swich on swap, to format swap partition and to make swap.
I have restarted a phone several times after installing few other applications and it all went good. After few hours of installing of the new apps and testing them the battery draind out to one percent (1%) and I just wanted to leave it to charge with phone swiched off, because it's better for the battery. I didnt use the original Samsung charger but I have used USB 3.0 on my laptop and what I have noticed that it took to long to charge more then six hours to charge it to 100%. The next time when I tried to swich on the phone it was impossible. It wouldn't go to any mode, just black screen but if it is connected to the PC it gives a sound that there is a divece on that USB port.
With or without battery it just give a sound that it means that PC can see "something" but if I try with Odin it doesn't show at all on any com to be seen.
I took the phone to the friend of mine (he is a phone reseller and he has many different software to revive a lot of different phones and only Riff Box can see my phone on "com 163" ) but I didn't want to soldier it and to flash it because I still have the warrenty as the phone is only few weeks old.
My question is: What could be a reason of the hard brick ?
Was it Swapper2, maybe, because it has formated the wrong partition ? Or something else ?
And should I use the swap partition at all, next time, knowing that this phone has 1.5 Gb of working RAM ?
What is your expiriance and conclusions ?

Edit: I just plugged the phone on the other laptop with Windows 7 and it showed to install new drivers. As first it could not recognize a device, after that it has installed HID drivers and at least it didn't succeed to install QHSUSB_DLOAD drivers.
Any idea ?

Thanks in advance !
- N7000 Stock Deodexed Zipaligned and Rooted TW ROM XLT4 with MaxFu HCN v8 100~1600 Mhz with Xperiacle @240 DPI three in one "Tablet-Phablet-Phone" mod and "Per app density" mod
- Samsung S4 mini - Hard bricked - Repaired - Clean stock 4.2.2 JB - Rooted with "k1mu" safe root - Knox 0x0
- ASUS fonepad 7 (ME372CG) - Clean stock 4.2.2 - Rooted with Dr. Psycho's "OTA Delusion"

RobinDean
Old
Thanks Meter 6
In case you end up needing a last resort, these guys are great!

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/

(fixed my hard brick)
The Following User Says Thank You to RobinDean For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ValenteL
Old
Thanks Meter 796
You can read this links also:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=38
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following User Says Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Boombastical
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks to both of you, but I don't get it where can I get debrick.img for Samsung S4 mini and if can I use a kind of "T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip" but then for S4 mini and is there something like this at all at the moment ?

Greetz !
- N7000 Stock Deodexed Zipaligned and Rooted TW ROM XLT4 with MaxFu HCN v8 100~1600 Mhz with Xperiacle @240 DPI three in one "Tablet-Phablet-Phone" mod and "Per app density" mod
- Samsung S4 mini - Hard bricked - Repaired - Clean stock 4.2.2 JB - Rooted with "k1mu" safe root - Knox 0x0
- ASUS fonepad 7 (ME372CG) - Clean stock 4.2.2 - Rooted with Dr. Psycho's "OTA Delusion"

ValenteL
Old
Thanks Meter 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boombastical View Post
Thanks to both of you, but I don't get it where can I get debrick.img for Samsung S4 mini and if can I use a kind of "T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip" but then for S4 mini and is there something like this at all at the moment ?

Greetz !
I will make it to You. The .zip file work well because it work only whit the pit.file that is on partition mmcblk0, same on both devices.
Like for Mega I9205 I rename it to "I9195_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip". Wait.
Valente

ValenteL
Old
Thanks Meter 796
You have here the debrick.img.tar whit debrick.img. I hope this help You:

https://meocloud.pt/link/5c9646e0-1f...brick.img.tar/

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip I9195_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip - [Click for QR Code] (378.7 KB, 81 views)
Valente

justlovejoy
Old
Thanks Meter 1013

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenteL View Post
You have here the debrick.img.tar whit debrick.img. I hope this help You:

https://meocloud.pt/link/5c9646e0-1f...brick.img.tar/

Good luck
Anyway you or anyone can can help with the i435 vzw s4mini?
I have a few .img files like boot and recovery i think system too
I need a debrick file and whatever else.. Not really sure
Stuck in qhsusb mode
Sig Is Under ConStruct!

balarishinoob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
www.sammobile.com/firmwares. Download you appropriate firmware. Download Odin. Click PDA on Odin . click downloaded firmware. Flash it
Done

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

justlovejoy
Old
Thanks Meter 1013

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by balarishinoob View Post
www.sammobile.com/firmwares. Download you appropriate firmware. Download Odin. Click PDA on Odin . click downloaded firmware. Flash it
Done

do you see sch-i435 there? I dont. Not trying to be all smart but i wish it were so simple.. lol pls anyone?
Sig Is Under ConStruct!

balarishinoob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlovejoy View Post
do you see sch-i435 there? I dont. Not trying to be all smart but i wish it were so simple.. lol pls anyone?
Then cyanogen will do the job. that's the only option. U have