Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I9000T Cyanogen Mod

Tip us?

przemo3679
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] I9000T Cyanogen Mod

Hello guys . I have little question. My girlfrend bought brand new Galaxy S, but when it arrived it turned out it is I9000T.
I want to flash latest CM, but i don`t know is CM from usual Galaxy S will fit. I heard there is some trouble with radio and EFS files.
Please help I don`t want to brick brand new phone.

Sorry for bad english

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2202
Quote:
Originally Posted by przemo3679 View Post
Hello guys . I have little question. My girlfrend bought brand new Galaxy S, but when it arrived it turned out it is I9000T.
I want to flash latest CM, but i don`t know is CM from usual Galaxy S will fit. I heard there is some trouble with radio and EFS files.
Please help I don`t want to brick brand new phone.

Sorry for bad english
refer to this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat on how to save your EFS, data files etc before flashing, the T may need its modem, so note down its version ( note down everything concerning your current ROM and also make nandroid backup) , before attempting to flash any i9000 custom ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

przemo3679
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
refer to this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat on how to save your EFS, data files etc before flashing, the T may need its modem, so note down its version ( note down everything concerning your current ROM and also make nandroid backup) , before attempting to flash any i9000 custom ROM.

Ok i get it but is it fully safe ? My friend accidentally flash ROM from other device and he can`t even turn it in to download mode becose ports of buttons has changed. Sorry if i wrong, but it`s my GF phone and u know

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2202
Quote:
Originally Posted by przemo3679 View Post
Ok i get it but is it fully safe ? My friend accidentally flash ROM from other device and he can`t even turn it in to download mode becose ports of buttons has changed. Sorry if i wrong, but it`s my GF phone and u know
yeah, for sure, you can get a headache so get a second opinion Differences between GT i9000t and GT i9000
and follow the link given earlier to make proper backups before attempting anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]