5,594,386 Members 36,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[10/10/13]neXusKERNEL v4.0 with Sweep2Wake ALPHA [JB]

Tip us?
 
neXus PRIME
Old
(Last edited by neXus PRIME; 10th October 2013 at 04:16 PM.)
#1  
neXus PRIME's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2042
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Thumbs up [10/10/13]neXusKERNEL v4.0 with Sweep2Wake ALPHA [JB]

Presenting...
neXusKERNEL
with SWEEP2WAKE (alpha)
by neXusPRIME





CHANGELOG:
Quote:
V4.0
Quote:
1. Sweep2Wake........ do you want anything else???
It is in alpha mode, so dont blame me for bugs, use v3.
V3.0
Quote:
1. USB Fast Charge. For details see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=65
V2.0
Quote:
1. Added "BFQ Scheduler", my favourite
2. Added experimental GPU OC
V1.0
Quote:
1. HTC Write protection disabled.
2. Enabled swap support.*
3. Added scheduler "sio"
4. Added Smartassv2 governor
5. HTC perflock disabled
6. Enable KSM support (Flash zip in link to enable KSM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...36&postcount=8)
7. No modules needed, everything inside boot.img
8. Init.d supported. Use app in link to verify init.d support http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1933849

DOWNLOADS (JB):
Quote:
V4:
http://d-h.st/j9E its ALPHA, you have been warned

V3:
http://d-h.st/84i

V2:
http://d-h.st/zuB

V1:
http://d-h.st/3UP
OLD ICS VERSIONS:
 

V3: http://d-h.st/7C6
OLD VERSION: V2: http://d-h.st/HcS
OLD VERSION: V1: http://d-h.st/dOq


SOURCE:


CREDITS
Quote:
atis112 - for My 1st ClassRoom
cybojenix - for S2W
galaxyfreak - for S2W
helicopter88 - for S2W
zarboz - for S2W
franco-c - for USB Fast Charge
cute_prince - for OC attempts, not final yet
KonstaT - for general performance patches
and maybe a few others
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to neXus PRIME For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ckpv5
Old
(Last edited by ckpv5; 27th February 2013 at 06:03 PM.)
#2  
ckpv5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7595
Posts: 5,896
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
@neXus PRIME

Thanks for your great effort.

Here is my findings :

Features:

1. HTC Write protection disabled.
This works great Removed both wp_mod2.ko & init.d script to load it... I can confirm the HTC write protection now disabled.
Updating busybox with no problem

2. Enabled swap support. (if you make a swap partition, it should get used. But need testers)
I don't need this feature, so I don't test it.

3. Default scheduler "noop" (I've always liked noop better then all others)
"noop" as default is shown in the attached screenshot

4. HTC perflock disabled (SetCPU does some magic when perf lock is disabled. Test n report)
No idea how to test this

5. Default Min set to 245 Mhz (My liking)
I like 245 Mhz too but I don't see it in both No Frill and CPU Spy (see attached screenshot)

6. Enable KSM support
Don't really need it but will test later with my old KSM init.d script

7. Default governor "ondemand" (later you can select whatever you like e.g
smartassv2)

"ondemand" is shown as default.

8. Ext2/ext3 file system support. (testers needed)
Don't need this so I do not test

9. Aren't above enough ???
Well... it's enough for now... maybe later s2w feature ? Maybe you can contact maxwen (One V kernel dev) for assistance.

I maybe wrong but I see that the init.d support is not enabled in your kernel. All the above test I ran it with my own ramdisk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-02-28_01-26-13.jpg
Views:	2474
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1765980   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-02-28_01-26-29.jpg
Views:	2228
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1765981   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-02-28_01-26-49.jpg
Views:	2031
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1765982   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-02-28_02-02-09.jpg
Views:	1854
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1766019  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
neXus PRIME
Old
#3  
neXus PRIME's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2042
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5 View Post
@neXus PRIME

Thanks for your great effort.

Here is my findings :

Features:

1. HTC Write protection disabled.
This works great Removed both wp_mod2.ko & init.d script to load it... I can confirm the HTC write protection now disabled.
Updating busybox with no problem

2. Enabled swap support. (if you make a swap partition, it should get used. But need testers)
I don't need this feature, so I don't test it.

3. Default scheduler "noop" (I've always liked noop better then all others)
"noop" as default is shown in the attached screenshot

4. HTC perflock disabled (SetCPU does some magic when perf lock is disabled. Test n report)
No idea how to test this

5. Default Min set to 245 Mhz (My liking)
I like 245 Mhz too but I don't see it in both No Frill and CPU Spy (see attached screenshot)

6. Enable KSM support
Don't really need it but will test later with my old KSM init.d script

7. Default governor "ondemand" (later you can select whatever you like e.g
smartassv2)

"ondemand" is shown as default.

8. Ext2/ext3 file system support. (testers needed)
Don't need this so I do not test

9. Aren't above enough ???
Well... it's enough for now... maybe later s2w feature ? Maybe you can contact maxwen (One V kernel dev) for assistance.

I maybe wrong but I see that the init.d support is not enabled in your kernel. All the above test I ran it with my own ramdisk.
The default min freq is 245 but.... i forgot to modify CPU freq tables so once you try to move the slider, the 245 Mhz freq is lost. And also, smartassv2 somehow becomes default. Maybe i'll fix, maybe not. Coz atis is already hard at CM work, so thought maybe ppl could test the ksm/ext2/3/swap features.

Regards
 
atis112
Old
#4  
atis112's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2555
Posts: 739
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXus PRIME View Post
The default min freq is 245 but.... i forgot to modify CPU freq tables so once you try to move the slider, the 245 Mhz freq is lost. And also, smartassv2 somehow becomes default. Maybe i'll fix, maybe not. Coz atis is already hard at CM work, so thought maybe ppl could test the ksm/ext2/3/swap features.

Regards
If you used my sources for smartass it becames default because i add it as a default governor. You can modify it in the config. Just use "make menuconfig" and set the default things what you would like. (but first load the original config). Your new modified configuration will saved to "kerneldir/.config"
If you like my work press thanks button or feel free to buy me a beer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atis112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flar2
Old
#5  
flar2's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 19050
Posts: 4,277
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa

 
DONATE TO ME
Just cause I saw your post in the atis's thread, I thought I'd check this out. I have a suggestion for you, instead of using swap, try zram. zram uses part of ram as a compressed swap device. You can get about a 3 to 1 compression ratio and it's much, much faster than swap on a disk. It can be enabled in menuconfig under drivers/staging/zram. Download any of my kernels (in my signature) if you need an example of an init script to start zram.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nlooooo
Old
#6  
nlooooo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 579
Posts: 1,908
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nis
And, once more, added to Index.

Keep up the good work.
PREVIOUS:
- iPhone 3g
- HTC Desire
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Desire X
- BlackBerry 9800
- ZTE Grand X
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC Sensation


CURRENT:
- Sony Xperia T
 
darxsen
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 51
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Re: [Kernel/modded] neXusKERNEL v1.0

Who has atis112 kernel can flash this other kernel safely ?

It should work right ?
 
ckpv5
Old
(Last edited by ckpv5; 28th February 2013 at 03:38 AM.)
#8  
ckpv5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7595
Posts: 5,896
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXus PRIME View Post
The default min freq is 245 but.... i forgot to modify CPU freq tables so once you try to move the slider, the 245 Mhz freq is lost. And also, smartassv2 somehow becomes default. Maybe i'll fix, maybe not. Coz atis is already hard at CM work, so thought maybe ppl could test the ksm/ext2/3/swap features.

Regards
Maybe a fix to 245 Mhz is great. The governor not necessary to fix as user can choose what they prefer.

Tested the KMS support... it runs great. With KMS enabled, I have more free RAM available at anytime with no performance decrease.

Anyone want to try, you need init.d script with below command

Code:
echo "1" > /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run
Or just flash attached kms script that I'm using

Good job neXus PRIME
Attached Files
File Type: zip ksm.zip - [Click for QR Code] (142.9 KB, 310 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
neXus PRIME
Old
#9  
neXus PRIME's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2042
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpv5 View Post
Maybe a fix to 245 Mhz is great. The governor not necessary to fix as user can choose what they prefer.

Tested the KMS support... it runs great. With KMS enabled, I have more free RAM available at anytime with no performance decrease.

Anyone want to try, you need init.d script with below command

Code:
echo "1" > /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run
Or just flash attached kms script that I'm using

Good job neXus PRIME
Linked your KSM script post to OP. Plus, im doing the 245 Mhz fix right now.

Regards
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neXus PRIME For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
neXus PRIME
Old
#10  
neXus PRIME's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2042
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Updated. Changelog in OP.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neXus PRIME For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes