Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbelievably torn

Tip us?

CTMeow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Unbelievably torn

I recently broke my Nexus 4, unfortunate, I know. (It was like my child after sitting on this forum with many of you, waiting two months for it to arrive after launch) I made the switch to Android about a year ago, coming from a blackberry, and never thought I'd look back. I'm now faced with a bit of a predicament. With an upgrade available for me, it's feasible, as it wasn't when I purchased my Nexus, to consider buying the 5s. I love stock android, plain and simple, and I have no regrets about purchasing a substantially larger phone. I have nothing against Iphones, they just weren't for me at the time. Now, however, as me and my friends have gone off to university, Imessage (Group chat specifically) is how all of my closely knit friends stay in touch. I feel left out, to say the least. That and the Itouch on the 5s is tempting me to make the move, at least for now, to the dark side. I still can't quite move past purchasing a brand new, Nexus 5 however. The updates, screen, and operating system are all pulling me in. Granted this is an Android forum, and this may seem an odd place to be asking a question about switching the iphone, I'm still partial to Android and thought the bias may play well into my personal opinion. The last thing I want is buyers remorse. All you central members who have switched to Iphones or vice versa, what do?

Much thanks.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMeow View Post
I recently broke my Nexus 4, unfortunate, I know. (It was like my child after sitting on this forum with many of you, waiting two months for it to arrive after launch) I made the switch to Android about a year ago, coming from a blackberry, and never thought I'd look back. I'm now faced with a bit of a predicament. With an upgrade available for me, it's feasible, as it wasn't when I purchased my Nexus, to consider buying the 5s. I love stock android, plain and simple, and I have no regrets about purchasing a substantially larger phone. I have nothing against Iphones, they just weren't for me at the time. Now, however, as me and my friends have gone off to university, Imessage (Group chat specifically) is how all of my closely knit friends stay in touch. I feel left out, to say the least. That and the Itouch on the 5s is tempting me to make the move, at least for now, to the dark side. I still can't quite move past purchasing a brand new, Nexus 5 however. The updates, screen, and operating system are all pulling me in. Granted this is an Android forum, and this may seem an odd place to be asking a question about switching the iphone, I'm still partial to Android and thought the bias may play well into my personal opinion. The last thing I want is buyers remorse. All you central members who have switched to Iphones or vice versa, what do?

Much thanks.
with the nexus 5 you should be able to go into quite a few higher Android Versions, so it will get even better and better, the iphone 5s might be great for now but it will probably only receive one or even if we are lucky a 2nd. that's apples way of saying "we are unable to get iOS 9.x running smoothly on the iPhone 5 so if you want our new stuff buy another flagship!" (no offense to old apple, most of us just hate the new apple) with android even if the nexus 5 no longer gets official updates you still have the android community to look to for newest Versions. i hope you stick true to android! i dont like most of apples products but i thought the iphone 5s was great!
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)