Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fried my G2

Tip us?
 
dclarsen
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Fried my G2

Hey folks. I recently borked my Verizon G2. I was running a CM11 nightly, decided to try out Mahdi ROM, but apparently something went wrong. Everything flashed just fine according to TWRP, but now I can't boot up. When I turn on the phone I get a black screen with small text that says
Code:
[660] Fastboot mode started
[710] udc_start()
if I plug the phone in to my PC from that screen, it adds
Code:
[870] -reset-
[880] - portchange-
[3720] fastboot: processing commands
When I enter download mode and plug the phone into my PC, it shows a screen that says "Firmware update" with a standard "do not unplug" warning, then there is a box at the bottom that says "B53" in gray text, and "ROOTED" in red.

I've tried several methods of restoring, but none of them worked for me, and they didn't even seem to have any effect at all. Here are links to the posts I've followed to try to fix it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960

So I'm lost, and I have already gone a few days without a phone, and I need it for work and whatnot. Can anyone help?
 
mrm43
Old
#2  
mrm43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 213
Posts: 648
Join Date: May 2012
Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48765620

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
 
dclarsen
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm43 View Post
Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48765620

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Couldn't get that to work
 
leomd333
Old
#4  
leomd333's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 845
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lisburn
If you can boot into recovery, do a FULL wipe, then try to flash back to stock again. The restore to stock fails if you do not wipe your device before hand. Also, you don't need to use any special method to flash back to stock, just install kg's usb driver form their site, then install their mobile support tool (again from their site) when the tool opens, go up to the right hand corner and press device recovery or something like that and connect your device in DL mode, then the tool will restore the device back to the stock rom.
 
joewaz
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 159
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantQuechnitlan View Post
If you can boot into recovery, do a FULL wipe, then try to flash back to stock again. The restore to stock fails if you do not wipe your device before hand. Also, you don't need to use any special method to flash back to stock, just install kg's usb driver form their site, then install their mobile support tool (again from their site) when the tool opens, go up to the right hand corner and press device recovery or something like that and connect your device in DL mode, then the tool will restore the device back to the stock rom.
Full wipe meaning advanced wipe and check every single box including storage...EVERY box...lol.. And yes this will help you get booted back up.. Been there done that.
 
cedbled
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewaz View Post
Full wipe meaning advanced wipe and check every single box including storage...EVERY box...lol.. And yes this will help you get booted back up.. Been there done that.
all of this happened to me, and i'm past it, but i never found out if this phone is truly unbrickable?
 
dclarsen
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2011
Finally got it up and running again. Have to start from scratch, but at least I have a phone. What finally worked for me was the LG Mobile Support Tool. I plugged in my phone and let it do its thing. It took a while but it worked. Now to go about re-rooting...

Thanks for all your help folks!
 
joewaz
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 159
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedbled View Post
all of this happened to me, and i'm past it, but i never found out if this phone is truly unbrickable?
Lol with all the crap I've done to it I don't think you can brick it.. A few times my heart jumped out of my chest but I managed to get the ticker back in my chest lol

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more

Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more