OP sumit0405

31st January 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hi.
I have rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace GT5830, last year i uninstall default browser from my device,
now i want that browser back, i have .apk and .odex file for the internet.apk, i tried by pasting it to "/system/apk" and set permission to
"rwx", "rxx", "rxx" but still i am not able to run the default browser,
if u have solution pls post it.

Thanks.
31st January 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 361

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit0405

Hi.
I have rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace GT5830, last year i uninstall default browser from my device,
now i want that browser back, i have .apk and .odex file for the internet.apk, i tried by pasting it to "/system/apk" and set permission to
"rwx", "rxx", "rxx" but still i am not able to run the default browser,
if u have solution pls post it.

Thanks.

Firstly make sure the internet.apk is compatible to your os. I mean if you put the Internet.apk for ICS in Gingerbread it wouldn't work. Secondly you have to paste it in /system/app and not /system/apk. Thirdly the permission is rwx,r-x,--x. After this reboot you device. That ought to do it
Last edited by mahithm; 31st January 2014 at 03:07 PM.
31st January 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm

Firstly make sure the internet.apk is compatible to your os. I mean if you put the Internet.apk for ICS in Gingerbread it wouldn't work. Secondly you have to paste it in /system/app and not /system/apk. Thirdly the permission is rwx,rx,rx. After this reboot you device. That ought to do it

its compatible with my os as i have taken backup before uninstalling,
and its was mistake, i pasted it in /system/app only not apk.
31st January 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 361

956 posts
More
If you have already taken the backup before uninstalling, you just have to restore it. Its as simple as that. What kind of a back up did you take- Titanium Backup or CWM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread