Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to downgrade to 4.0.3

Tip us?
 
kaarigar
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] Need to downgrade to 4.0.3

I need to downgrade my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (10 inch) from 4.2.2 to 4.0.3 because i need to debug an app on that particular version. Can someone please advice? I am new to all this - but this is what I have learned from browsing this forum:

(1) I will have to root my device
(2) I need the ROM for 4.0.3
(3) I will also need 0din

Anyways, I will appreciate if someone can help me out with instructions and downloads - that will be really helpful.

Thanks!
 
-SAM-
Old
#2  
-SAM-'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 81
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarigar View Post
I need to downgrade my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (10 inch) from 4.2.2 to 4.0.3 because i need to debug an app on that particular version. Can someone please advice? I am new to all this - but this is what I have learned from browsing this forum:

(1) I will have to root my device
(2) I need the ROM for 4.0.3
(3) I will also need 0din

Anyways, I will appreciate if someone can help me out with instructions and downloads - that will be really helpful.

Thanks!
Download 4.0.3 from tsar3000 and for odin google it. Download pit files from tsar3000 and flash new rom from odin.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SAM- View Post
Download 4.0.3 from tsar3000 and for odin google it. Download pit files from tsar3000 and flash new rom from odin.
Root is not needed
The Following User Says Thank You to -SAM- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kaarigar
Old
(Last edited by kaarigar; 7th February 2014 at 11:17 PM.) Reason: Update correction
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SAM- View Post
Download 4.0.3 from tsar3000 and for odin google it. Download pit files from tsar3000 and flash new rom from odin.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------



Root is not needed
Thanks for quick reply. I did find the 4.0.3 downloads but I don't see one for the US. Does it matter which one I install?

Update: Oops - I don't find 4.0.3 download for P5113.
 
Hassan 4
Old
(Last edited by Hassan 4; 8th February 2014 at 03:39 PM.)
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 77
Join Date: Apr 2013
Easy dude no root needed as you are going to downgrade to official ICS 4.0.3 and there's no problem in downloading other country Firmware
You can download the ROM from SamMobile, here's the link for it but it's for GSM Version the P5100 if you're wifi version DON'T DOWNLOAD you can search it in Sammobile you'll find it (UK Version) : http://terafile.co/b1925899596b/P510...TUBLF1_BTU.zip
make sure you have the latest usb drivers , you can download it from here :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555
and you can download Odin from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539

Then Extract the Firmware and then Check F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot Make Sure Re-Partition isnot Checked and then Click PDA on ODIN and Select the extracted tar.md5 file and Click Start then wait for it to finish then you're done downgrading

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
Rom: SenSonic HD V-1 by Adi
Recovery: PhilzTouch Recovery
 
kaarigar
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan 4 View Post
Easy dude no root needed as you are going to downgrade to official ICS 4.0.3 and there's no problem in downloading other country Firmware
You can download the ROM from SamMobile, here's the link for it but it's for GSM Version the P5100 if you're wifi version DON'T DOWNLOAD you can search it in Sammobile you'll find it (UK Version) : http://terafile.co/b1925899596b/P510...TUBLF1_BTU.zip
make sure you have the latest usb drivers , you can download it from here :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555
and you can download Odin from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539

Then Extract the Firmware and then Check F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot Make Sure Re-Partition isnot Checked and then Click PDA on ODIN and Select the extracted tar.md5 file and Click Start then wait for it to finish then you're done downgrading
Thanks, Hassan. It seems that the link to download the USB drivers form that the post you pointed out has been removed, ny other place I can download from?
 
kaarigar
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarigar View Post
Thanks, Hassan. It seems that the link to download the USB drivers form that the post you pointed out has been removed, ny other place I can download from?
Well, finally I managed to flash the ROM. It went well till end - then it gave the error, as I have pasted below.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> P5100XWBLE4_P5100BTUBLE1_P5100XXLE4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any advise?
 
kaarigar
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarigar View Post
Well, finally I managed to flash the ROM. It went well till end - then it gave the error, as I have pasted below.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> P5100XWBLE4_P5100BTUBLE1_P5100XXLE4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any advise?
Well, it seems I am in deeper trouble now - the tablet displays the dreaded "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again."

I tried the recovery mode in Kies - it says that "GT-P5113 does not support initializing."

I tried through 0din too - but even it doesn't do anything to fix this situation.

Looks like that I am now stuck forever with this issue. Can some one please help me out?
 
150208
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 133
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarigar View Post
Well, it seems I am in deeper trouble now - the tablet displays the dreaded "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again."

I tried the recovery mode in Kies - it says that "GT-P5113 does not support initializing."

I tried through 0din too - but even it doesn't do anything to fix this situation.

Looks like that I am now stuck forever with this issue. Can some one please help me out?
Try flash recovery first for your devices, then try to flash the rom again.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more