Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Failed to flash DoomKernelV14 on R800i

Tip us?

xenobia144
Old
(Last edited by xenobia144; 13th January 2014 at 10:27 PM.) Reason: Error in description of problem has been corrected.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Failed to flash DoomKernelV14 on R800i

For some reason DoomKernelV14 refuses to boot on my phone.

From Stock GB (unlocked bootloader), I tried flashing it with fastboot by using
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
(After re-naming the DoomKernelV14.img file to boot.img of course and putting it in my fastboot folder).

After that, fastboot reported that flashing was successful, so I went to turn my phone on so I could boot into recovery so I could install Dixperia 2, and all I got was a quick vibrate and a black screen of nothing. Having done that I did a battery pull so I could put the phone back into fastboot mode, and use the commands:
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system
After this I could put the phone back into Flash Mode (which I was unable to do after attempting to flash DoomKernel. From here I flashed the Stock ROM so I could turn my phone back on again.

After this I tried the above again, using the erase userdata/system commands above before I flashed DoomKernel and had the same problem.

Could anyone offer any insight as to what I might be doing wrong?

My phone is using a -64 baseband, and a .62 build number.

xenobia144
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
BUMP

EP35DS4
Old
(Last edited by EP35DS4; 15th January 2014 at 08:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Have you tried redownload the kernel? Maybe your download is corrupted.

And after your phone vibrated and stayed dark, have you unpluged your cable and took out your batterie a few seconds and then tried to start it again? And you shoud always erase userdata, dalvik and perform a factory reset if you flash a new rom or use a new kernel.

xenobia144
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP35DS4 View Post
Have you tried redownload the kernel? Maybe your download is corrupted.

And after your phone vibrated and stayed dark, have you unpluged your cable and took out your batterie a few seconds and then tried to start it again? And you shoud always erase userdata, dalvik and perform a factory reset if you flash a new rom or use a new kernel.
Yes done all that, to no avail Each time I have done this I have been going from Stock GB (unlocked bootloader). I also tried re-downloading the Kernel and that did not work. I have installed Cyanogenmod 7.2 in the past with no problems (before going back to Stock GB) so how come DoomKernel is causing no end of problems?

EP35DS4
Old
(Last edited by EP35DS4; 16th January 2014 at 11:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia144 View Post
Yes done all that, to no avail Each time I have done this I have been going from Stock GB (unlocked bootloader). I also tried re-downloading the Kernel and that did not work. I have installed Cyanogenmod 7.2 in the past with no problems (before going back to Stock GB) so how come DoomKernel is causing no end of problems?
It seems like many users have problems with DoomKernel v14 (just look at the last 10 questions). Maybe you could just try another kernel, like lupus. is this the first time you try dommkernel v14 or worked it in the past for you?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

And maybe this could help you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psxpetey View Post
The firat time you start doomkernel it will seem like your phone is bricked as soon as you press power atart pressing the back button and a screen will come up that will allow you to install a Rom off the sd card. I thought mune was bricked firat time. When doom starts the blue led starts its not flash its just what it does.

1. Turn on the phone
2. Press back button until Rom flashing screen pops up
3. Install Rom from sd
4. Boot rom
It's from one of those theards i mentioned [Q]Play bricked?

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 84
The only people who have trouble with kernels seem to not read the directions before they flash it they flash it and think omg im bricked it wont turn on . If the blue led shows doom is working you just need a Rom on you sd card and start pressing the back button as soon as you see the blue led and an installation screen will pop up. This is so you dont have to see the install screen everytime you boot. Before you install a Rom make sure its compatible with doom
Rooting your tab? terminal not popping up? try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010074

xenobia144
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The only people who have trouble with kernels seem to not read the directions before they flash it they flash it and think omg im bricked it wont turn on . If the blue led shows doom is working you just need a Rom on you sd card and start pressing the back button as soon as you see the blue led and an installation screen will pop up. This is so you dont have to see the install screen everytime you boot. Before you install a Rom make sure its compatible with doom
Except there was no blue light on, nor any light at all for that matter. Also, since I was not able to get as far as even installing a ROM, I should also note that I had done my research, and was going to be installing Dixperia 2 (and the author of that ROM says to use DoomKernelV14). I was going from Stock GB.

I ought to note that I never said it was bricked, as I have been able to get back to Stock GB, as noted in the original post.

Before you go walking into posts implying people didn't read the instructions you should probably read the original post.

Now does anyone have anything helpful to add?

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
well just keep trying then there shouldnt be an issue. You wont break if from trying

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
Rooting your tab? terminal not popping up? try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010074

xenobia144
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
well just keep trying then there shouldnt be an issue. You wont break if from trying

After ten attempts it still did not work, hence my original question.

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Post the logfile from flashtool and the logfile for the install from your phone would make figuring this out easier.