Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Sim Unlock Lumia 520

OP Garfield22

13th June 2013, 02:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with Vodafone Germany Sim Lock. Someone knows how to unlock it?- a tutorial. Or knows a Unlock Service?

Thx
The Following User Says Thank You to Garfield22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 07:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,862 posts
More
If you're in a region that the locking carrier operates in, you may be able to just take the phone to them, explain the situation, and get it unlocked. If not, you could try asking Nokia directly. Beyond that, the unlock codes usually leak pretty quickly, and even the really sketchy-looking online unlock services have been surprisingly honest in my experience, but the 520 may be too new for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2013, 10:09 AM   |  #3  

8 posts
hey. have you managed to unlock it? or can anyone tell how to do it? the operators asks for more than 50 euros to unlock it...
The Following User Says Thank You to mynameismada For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2013, 02:38 PM   |  #4  

2 posts
Unhappy SIM Unlock Lumia 520
same problem here guys,

a friend of my brought from US a Nokia Lumia 520, as my request. Im in Brazil, by the way.
But It came SIM Unlocked from AT&T. The phone works well, the only thing that it does not is calls and sms. But the rest is fine.

I contact AT&T but they wont give me the PIN number to unlock. (tried several times)

So I need to find some way to do that. Either getting the PIN number, or even formatting the cell, to a "pure" WP8 (as should be an original unlocked device) - installing the original WP8.

About the warranty, I dont care. Im Brazil and will never get acess trough, if i need it.

I really apreciate if someone can give me a help here.

Cheers!
19th August 2013, 04:58 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Formatting Nokia Lumia 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathikan

same problem here guys,

a friend of my brought from US a Nokia Lumia 520, as my request. Im in Brazil, by the way.
But It came SIM Unlocked from AT&T. The phone works well, the only thing that it does not is calls and sms. But the rest is fine.

I contact AT&T but they wont give me the PIN number to unlock. (tried several times)

So I need to find some way to do that. Either getting the PIN number, or even formatting the cell, to a "pure" WP8 (as should be an original unlocked device) - installing the original WP8.

About the warranty, I dont care. Im Brazil and will never get acess trough, if i need it.

I really apreciate if someone can give me a help here.

Cheers!

Well guys,
I was able to format my Nokia Lumia 520, using the Nokia Care Sute.
I downloaded the original firmware, with no Crapware from AT&T and using the Nokia Care Suite I completed the formatting.
The phone is working as it should be. Even the AT&T welcome screen has gone. But, it still does ask for the PIN Number when I put a SIM card from my brazilian carrier.
So, NO, formatting the Nokia Lumia 520 WONT unlock your PIN Number, as I was hoping.

I need some way to get this code, if anyone could help me, I really apreciate.
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to mathikan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2013, 06:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag Croydon, Pennsilvania
Thanks Meter: 24

25 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield22

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with Vodafone Germany Sim Lock. Someone knows how to unlock it?- a tutorial. Or knows a Unlock Service?

Thx

I took my lumia 1020 to ATT and got an unlock with no hassle. Probably the same in germany?
20th August 2013, 07:20 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 11

117 posts
More
deleted
Last edited by inteller; 22nd November 2013 at 12:06 AM.
24th August 2013, 09:10 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 15

40 posts
After 24 months since delivery you can get the code for free:

http://www.vodafone.de/privat/hilfe-...ntsperren.html

Just enter your IMEI and the wesite will tell you the exact date.

Before that date it costs you EUR 100,
The Following User Says Thank You to pete_es For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2013, 02:42 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Flashing 520 doesn`t unlocking Lumia 520
Hey guys,

Like the Threat-Opener, i`m in the same situation too. Recently I flashed my Nokia Lumia 520 simlocked by Vodafone. But after than I made the same expirience like mathikan - just the branding is disappeard, nothing else. Maybe I`ll send my phone to a friend in paris. He knows a good mobile shop with nice skills.
2nd September 2013, 03:13 PM   |  #10  

13 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathikan

Well guys,
I was able to format my Nokia Lumia 520, using the Nokia Care Sute.
I downloaded the original firmware, with no Crapware from AT&T and using the Nokia Care Suite I completed the formatting.
The phone is working as it should be. Even the AT&T welcome screen has gone. But, it still does ask for the PIN Number when I put a SIM card from my brazilian carrier.
So, NO, formatting the Nokia Lumia 520 WONT unlock your PIN Number, as I was hoping.

I need some way to get this code, if anyone could help me, I really apreciate.
Cheers

You may tell them you going to go somewhere for business trip and wish to use the phone. Request them to unlock the phone for you. Try call to AT&T.

I got it works on my old device. Not sure still working for now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread