Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,518 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sim Unlock Lumia 520

Tip us?
 
Garfield22
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default [Q] Sim Unlock Lumia 520

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with Vodafone Germany Sim Lock. Someone knows how to unlock it?- a tutorial. Or knows a Unlock Service?

Thx
The Following User Says Thank You to Garfield22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GoodDayToDie
Old
#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2677
Posts: 5,623
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
If you're in a region that the locking carrier operates in, you may be able to just take the phone to them, explain the situation, and get it unlocked. If not, you could try asking Nokia directly. Beyond that, the unlock codes usually leak pretty quickly, and even the really sketchy-looking online unlock services have been surprisingly honest in my experience, but the 520 may be too new for them.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.


Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mynameismada
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2008
hey. have you managed to unlock it? or can anyone tell how to do it? the operators asks for more than 50 euros to unlock it...
The Following User Says Thank You to mynameismada For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mathikan
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Unhappy SIM Unlock Lumia 520

same problem here guys,

a friend of my brought from US a Nokia Lumia 520, as my request. Im in Brazil, by the way.
But It came SIM Unlocked from AT&T. The phone works well, the only thing that it does not is calls and sms. But the rest is fine.

I contact AT&T but they wont give me the PIN number to unlock. (tried several times)

So I need to find some way to do that. Either getting the PIN number, or even formatting the cell, to a "pure" WP8 (as should be an original unlocked device) - installing the original WP8.

About the warranty, I dont care. Im Brazil and will never get acess trough, if i need it.

I really apreciate if someone can give me a help here.

Cheers!
 
mathikan
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Formatting Nokia Lumia 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathikan View Post
same problem here guys,

a friend of my brought from US a Nokia Lumia 520, as my request. Im in Brazil, by the way.
But It came SIM Unlocked from AT&T. The phone works well, the only thing that it does not is calls and sms. But the rest is fine.

I contact AT&T but they wont give me the PIN number to unlock. (tried several times)

So I need to find some way to do that. Either getting the PIN number, or even formatting the cell, to a "pure" WP8 (as should be an original unlocked device) - installing the original WP8.

About the warranty, I dont care. Im Brazil and will never get acess trough, if i need it.

I really apreciate if someone can give me a help here.

Cheers!
Well guys,
I was able to format my Nokia Lumia 520, using the Nokia Care Sute.
I downloaded the original firmware, with no Crapware from AT&T and using the Nokia Care Suite I completed the formatting.
The phone is working as it should be. Even the AT&T welcome screen has gone. But, it still does ask for the PIN Number when I put a SIM card from my brazilian carrier.
So, NO, formatting the Nokia Lumia 520 WONT unlock your PIN Number, as I was hoping.

I need some way to get this code, if anyone could help me, I really apreciate.
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to mathikan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
iPwnza
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Croydon, Pennsilvania

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield22 View Post
I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with Vodafone Germany Sim Lock. Someone knows how to unlock it?- a tutorial. Or knows a Unlock Service?

Thx
I took my lumia 1020 to ATT and got an unlock with no hassle. Probably the same in germany?
 
inteller
Old
(Last edited by inteller; 21st November 2013 at 11:06 PM.)
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 117
Join Date: Dec 2007
deleted
 
pete_es
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 36
Join Date: Nov 2007
After 24 months since delivery you can get the code for free:

http://www.vodafone.de/privat/hilfe-...ntsperren.html

Just enter your IMEI and the wesite will tell you the exact date.

Before that date it costs you EUR 100,
The Following User Says Thank You to pete_es For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Luckybert
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Flashing 520 doesn`t unlocking Lumia 520

Hey guys,

Like the Threat-Opener, i`m in the same situation too. Recently I flashed my Nokia Lumia 520 simlocked by Vodafone. But after than I made the same expirience like mathikan - just the branding is disappeard, nothing else. Maybe I`ll send my phone to a friend in paris. He knows a good mobile shop with nice skills.
 
Elvind Anderson
Old
#10  
Elvind Anderson's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathikan View Post
Well guys,
I was able to format my Nokia Lumia 520, using the Nokia Care Sute.
I downloaded the original firmware, with no Crapware from AT&T and using the Nokia Care Suite I completed the formatting.
The phone is working as it should be. Even the AT&T welcome screen has gone. But, it still does ask for the PIN Number when I put a SIM card from my brazilian carrier.
So, NO, formatting the Nokia Lumia 520 WONT unlock your PIN Number, as I was hoping.

I need some way to get this code, if anyone could help me, I really apreciate.
Cheers
You may tell them you going to go somewhere for business trip and wish to use the phone. Request them to unlock the phone for you. Try call to AT&T.

I got it works on my old device. Not sure still working for now.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes