So I have been playing with new ROM's for my EVO Supersonic. My Daily Driver is AlienwareMod Solar Flare Series V and LOVE it!
So I have been given an old EVO was going to play with it and explore new ROM's. I had rooted it about 2 years ago and she kept stock Sense on it so for some reason I left S-On. Although I am unlocked in the bootloader, and I have been reading on several forums that I dont need to have S Off anymore to load a rom, I seem to be having a common problem that I have been reading about. I can load custom ROM's on just fine, but when I fire up the WiFi the system slows down, and the WiFi cant lock on to a SSID. know the SSID sites are good and I have been trying to narrow donn the problem and have it down to these...
1. I need to achieve S-Off. Although I have many of files for when I did my personal root/unlock I dont have the all and MikMik's site dosnt have hem anymore.
2. I have partitiond a small 2G SD card with Ext3. The Kernel may not tolerate this? I have the stock Lionfish on but have tried others with no sccess on Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4 formatting.
3. I have not 'actvated' the phone on my Sprint Account. Is there maybe some files it would need to download?
4. Recovery. I am using ZZzRemove to really clean the phone... and use the 'Stock" ammon Ra to wipe x3. I prefer SmelMod but cant load a new recovery becuase it locks with a message PC360IMG Parcing.
5. HBOOT 2.18. I think i remember something about how this was locked??
I am thinking I will need to do a RUU to get an earlier version of HBOOT in order to get SOFF. But again, is that mission critical to getting the WiFi to work?
So I am stuck with a bit of a mental bootloop! Any thoughts would be welcome! Screenshots will be loaded of my Recovery and Bootloader upon request......