Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help, twrp install, no boot

Tip us?

macmanjpd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help, twrp install, no boot

I have LG G2 vzw VS980. I was following this thread to try and install twrp.....now my phone won't boot, it flashes the LG splash screen for 1 second then goes blank, this repeats when power button is pressed.

Tried to attach via USB and the computer sees about 15 different removable disks and gives prompts to format them all.

Not sure what happened, but i can't get into the phone in any way shape or form!!

This is the thread i was following.....I tried to push it via adb but that wasn't working, so i tried to flash it with flashify and i think that is what has me borked....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449670

any advice would be awesome!

macmanjpd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default im an idiot

ok....so i figured out what i did...and i am a complete idiot....i flashed the recovery.img as a friggin Boot.img.......Any way to fix this??....tried everything i know...and i don't know a whole lot!.....

thanks in advance.

jmacphee9
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmanjpd View Post
ok....so i figured out what i did...and i am a complete idiot....i flashed the recovery.img as a friggin Boot.img.......Any way to fix this??....tried everything i know...and i don't know a whole lot!.....

thanks in advance.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
try this. i hope it would work..
The Following User Says Thank You to jmacphee9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

macmanjpd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fixed

Thanks for the post, i ended up in the #lg-g2 irc channel and some of those guys also walked me through it....thanks Wacomalt, and wyrdtyrtle...and ebs512??...

above post linke to the fix for any and all boot issues.