Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Z ultra vibrate only!!! HELP!!!

OP atrix2

31st January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #1  
atrix2's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 154
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
I dip my z ultra in water,now it vibrate only!!! WHAT TO DO???
31st January 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #2  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582
 
2,887 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrix2

I dip my z ultra in water,now it vibrate only!!! WHAT TO DO???

Firstly, double check your settings, make sure it hasn't slipped somehow to vibrate.

Then open the sd card slot and check what color your litmus paper is, if white you're ok, if pink then check this thread:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...p/469253<br />

Report back with what you find.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st January 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #3  
atrix2's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 154
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks

Firstly, double check your settings, make sure it hasn't slipped somehow to vibrate.

Then open the sd card slot and check what color your litmus paper is, if white you're ok, if pink then check this thread:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...p/469253<br />

Report back with what you find.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The phone is completely off and vibrate while I press the power button,I guess only tiny amount of water go inside because I dip only 13 cm deep and only 2 second,now put beside a fan to dry out.
31st January 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #4  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,354
 
2,955 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrix2

The phone is completely off and vibrate while I press the power button,I guess only tiny amount of water go inside because I dip only 13 cm deep and only 2 second,now put beside a fan to dry out.

So it wont even boot?
31st January 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #5  
atrix2's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 154
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

So it wont even boot?

Yea,when I power on it vibrate only,can enter fastboot and flashmode,now just try make it dry and try power on later,hope it work.
Edit:after few hour of air flow from fan I try power on and it work fine now,I still put it away because still scare about got water inside,but I learn a lesson,never put z ultra inside water,IP58 certified is not true,up to 1meter is not true,It can even go 2cm underwater.**** sony.It's not waterproof.It's ****ing annoying.
Last edited by atrix2; 31st January 2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: SONY MADE MY DAY :D
1st February 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrix2

Yea,when I power on it vibrate only,can enter fastboot and flashmode,now just try make it dry and try power on later,hope it work.
Edit:after few hour of air flow from fan I try power on and it work fine now,I still put it away because still scare about got water inside,but I learn a lesson,never put z ultra inside water,IP58 certified is not true,up to 1meter is not true,It can even go 2cm underwater.**** sony.It's not waterproof.It's ****ing annoying.

I haven't put this instrument in any water - but the previous instrument that I DOA'd was put under a stream of water for quite a while and didn't have any water damage.

I think it's about luck.
1st February 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #7  
fastest83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrix2

Yea,when I power on it vibrate only,can enter fastboot and flashmode,now just try make it dry and try power on later,hope it work.
Edit:after few hour of air flow from fan I try power on and it work fine now,I still put it away because still scare about got water inside,but I learn a lesson,never put z ultra inside water,IP58 certified is not true,up to 1meter is not true,It can even go 2cm underwater.**** sony.It's not waterproof.It's ****ing annoying.


I'm sorry but I rinse my Ultra underwater every other day, and like me plenty of other Ultra users, and nothing happened to mine.
I even filled the sink and put it inside, or watched a movie in the bathtub and dipped the phone in to check sound output underwater.
So point is, your device has something wrong, or you modified it the wrong way, or you let some of the caps open.

Either way, no reason to throw sh*t at Sony for lying, when they are telling the truth and lots of people can prove it.

The Following User Says Thank You to fastest83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes