5,604,730 Members 33,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] Tablet UI patch update of Kitkat and 10.2 final for Nook HD+ ?

Tip us?
 
bhanzc
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 8
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default [REQUEST] Tablet UI patch update of Kitkat and 10.2 final for Nook HD+ ?

I haven't found any post about the tablet ui for CM10.2 and CM11. Some guys tell me, that it won't be any tablet ui patch for Kitkat ever. I'm almost despaired.

The latest roms for nook hd+:
CM10.2 emmc unofficial final thread(updated 01/18): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2389813
CM11 nightly build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/...LY-ovation.zip

Please, please help me update the patch for CM10.2 !!
Please, please tell me, if it's possible to have tablet ui for CM11 in the future??

God bless you guys!
 
wellersl
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 153
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhanzc View Post
Please, please tell me, if it's possible to have tablet ui for CM11 in the future??
God bless you guys!
Sadly, unless Google sees the error of their ways, Tablet UI is history.

In case you missed this thread, the last working ROM was the 12/10 10.1 -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2275939
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.
 
bhanzc
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 8
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellersl View Post
Sadly, unless Google sees the error of their ways, Tablet UI is history.

In case you missed this thread, the last working ROM was the 12/10 10.1 -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2275939
Thanks for your information. Maybe I should be get used to the phonelet UI ASAP.
 
disappearer
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellersl View Post
Sadly, unless Google sees the error of their ways, Tablet UI is history.

In case you missed this thread, the last working ROM was the 12/10 10.1 -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2275939
Damn shame, too. It saved you space on top while there is more than enough space for both elements on the bottom, especially on a FullHD screen.
 
wellersl
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 153
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearer View Post
Damn shame, too. It saved you space on top while there is more than enough space for both elements on the bottom, especially on a FullHD screen.
And the time/battery were large enough to read. The nav icons were larger. You could swap the nav buttons from left to right. It was just plain more intuitive. But then, I can't remember the last time Google did something intuitive.
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.
 
disappearer
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellersl View Post
But then, I can't remember the last time Google did something intuitive.
I have to say, Gmail was pretty intuitive from the get-go. It took me much longer to get used to Thunderbird or Outlook.

Same with Android, I could never get to grips with Linux or MacOS, and have always been a Windows user. But Android is really quite easy to get used to, especially stock. Samsung and LG show how badly you can mess up the Android UI. But Android 4 stock is really quite intuitive.
But it's really not optimized for the variety of screen formats that the Android world has created over the years. On a phone, great. Small tablet, good. Large FullHD Tablet: not so good unfortunately. The screen real estate isn't put to good use.
 
bhanzc
Old
(Last edited by bhanzc; 3rd February 2014 at 06:35 PM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 8
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellersl View Post
And the time/battery were large enough to read. The nav icons were larger. You could swap the nav buttons from left to right. It was just plain more intuitive. But then, I can't remember the last time Google did something intuitive.
CM10.2 stable for HD+ is out!! Would you or somebody make a patch for us, please?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes