Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to identify stock bootloader and rom version

OP gc2712

2nd February 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
I have just received my TF700T back from RMA in Sydney. Problem was failed HDMI port and unusable slowness. Returned to me as warranty ended so I unlocked it. Now I want to install custom recovery and Chromi-X and later (when stable) CM11. However I'm not sure what ROM version and bootloader (both supposedly stock) that I have, whether I need to download and install the latest official ROM first, but the naming used in my tablet info doesn't seem to match any of the download descriptions on the asus website. I have rooted and changed ROM on phone before but thats all, so not very experienced.

From settings /about it says the following:
Android version: 4.2.1
Kernel Version: 3.1.10-g03bdcb1 android@Mercury #1 Fri Mar 29 17:04:32 CST 2013
Build Number: JOP40D.WW-epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329

Kernel Version:
3.1.10-g03bdcb1
android@Mercury #1
Fri Mar 29 17:04:32 CST 2013

Build Number:
JOP40D.WW-epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329


On the boot screen with the three icons it says: Key driver not found...booting OS. Then: Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00e> released by "ww-epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329 A03
2nd February 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #2  
flumpster's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys
Thanks Meter: 2,548
 
2,647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2712

I have just received my TF700T back from RMA in Sydney. Problem was failed HDMI port and unusable slowness. Returned to me as warranty ended so I unlocked it. Now I want to install custom recovery and Chromi-X and later (when stable) CM11. However I'm not sure what ROM version and bootloader (both supposedly stock) that I have, whether I need to download and install the latest official ROM first, but the naming used in my tablet info doesn't seem to match any of the download descriptions on the asus website. I have rooted and changed ROM on phone before but thats all, so not very experienced.

From settings /about it says the following:
Android version: 4.2.1
Kernel Version: 3.1.10-g03bdcb1 android@Mercury #1 Fri Mar 29 17:04:32 CST 2013
Build Number: JOP40D.WW-epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329

Kernel Version:
3.1.10-g03bdcb1
android@Mercury #1
Fri Mar 29 17:04:32 CST 2013

Build Number:
JOP40D.WW-epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329


On the boot screen with the three icons it says: Key driver not found...booting OS. Then: Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00e> released by "ww-epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329 A03

First of all you are in the wrong forum mate. This is the prime section.

You are on the 4.2.1 bootloader build version 10.6.1.14.4.

It is not the newest version so you can upgrade it to the newest version first if you like.

Also I hear that the maker of Cromi puts in loads of tweaks that either do nothing or he blatantly steals from me and calls his on. Hi Sbdags xxx
2nd February 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpster

First of all you are in the wrong forum mate. This is the prime section.

You are on the 4.2.1 bootloader build version 10.6.1.14.4.

It is not the newest version so you can upgrade it to the newest version first if you like.

Sorry about the wrong post. First time.
Thanks for the info though. What I needed
2nd February 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #4  
flumpster's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys
Thanks Meter: 2,548
 
2,647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2712

Sorry about the wrong post. First time.
Thanks for the info though. What I needed

No problem mate.. Also know that I was joking about cromi, he is a friend of mine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes