Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Inactive [Guide] SPTools Flashing & Umeox x201 series

Tip us?

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 5th March 2014 at 01:26 AM.) Reason: fixed images
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3249

DONATE TO ME
Default Inactive [Guide] SPTools Flashing & Umeox x201 series

This guide covers using SP Tools with your Umeox x201. So lets get started.

Requirements:
A computer running Windows (Windows 7 is preferred)
The ALL TOOLS pack (Link located in Section 2 of the Everything Umeox x201 thread)
A Umeox x201 Smartwatch
USB cable and dock
Firmware (also found in Section 1 of the Everything Umeox x201 thread)

Driver Installation
  1. Install the drivers located in All Tools\0 Needed files\VCOM_Driver_Auto_Installer_v1.1236.00\
  2. Press and hold the "Power" button til the power menu is displayed
  3. Put your x201 in the dock
  4. Select "power off" and on the popup select "ok"
  5. Wait for Windows to recognize your x201 and finish installing drivers
  6. Done!

Windows 8 Users please look HERE if you are having driver installation issues

Full Firmware Flashing

Also Known As Return to Stock Method

WARNING! DO NOT use any scatter file not that is not specifically for your device. This can cause issues and possibly permanently brick you device! Instead use your device's scatter file and do individual file flashing.

Be sure to use MTK Tools to back up you IMEI FIRST!!!
IMEI Backup Procedure
  1. Go to the MtkDroidTools folder and launch UniversalAdbDriverSetup
  2. On your x201, go to Settings/System/About and tap on "Custom build version until you see "You are now a developer!"
  3. Swipe back and go to "Developer options" and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked
  4. Connect you x201 to you PC
  5. Launch MtkDroidTools and click on IMEI/NVRAM and select "Backup"
  6. Done!

Full Firmware Flashing Procedure
  1. Make sure your x201 is turned on an NOT connected to your computer
  2. Launch Flash_Tool.exe located in All Tools\2 SP Tools v3.1328.0.sn183\ and click on "Scatter-loading"
  3. Go to the folder where your firmware is located and select the "scatter.txt"
  4. Select "Firmware -> Upgrade"
  5. Click the "Download" button
  6. Press and hold the "Power" button til the power menu is displayed
  7. Put your x201 in the dock
  8. Select "power off" and on the popup select "ok"
  9. SPTools will start to flash you x201 (this takes a few minutes to complete
  10. When finished a window with a check mark will pop up to let you know it's finished
  11. Disconnect your x201 and turn it on
  12. DONE!

Restoring Your IMEI After A Full Firmware Flash
  1. Got to Settings/System/About and tap on "Custom build version until you see "You are now a developer!"
  2. Swipe back and go to "Developer options" and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked
  3. Connect you x201 to you PC
  4. Launch MtkDroidTools and click on IMEI/NVRAM and select "Restore"
  5. Reboot you x201
  6. Done!

Individual File Flashing

1. Make sure your x201 is turned on an NOT connected to your computer
  2. Launch Flash_Tool.exe located in All Tools\2 SP Tools v3.1328.0.sn183\ and click on "Scatter-loading"
  3. Go to the folder where your firmware is located (I put mine in the SPTools folder to make it easy) and select the "scatter.txt"
  4. Select only the files you want to flash
  5. Click on "Download'
  6. Press and hold the "Power" button til the power menu is displayed
  7. Put your x201 in the dock
  8. Select "power off" and on the popup select "ok"
  9. SPTools will start to flash you x201 (this takes a few minutes to complete
  10. When finished a window with a green circle will pop up to let you know it's finished
  11. Disconnect your x201 and turn it on
  12. DONE!

Enjoy and hit the thanks button if the guide helps you with your x201.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3249

DONATE TO ME
Full video tutorial added.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nealzen25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lokfish, the cant seem to install the drivers using windows 8... Is there any work around for this?

nealzen25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
lokfish, this is the error I get when I try to flash it. any info on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	2585439  

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3249

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealzen25 View Post
lokfish, this is the error I get when I try to flash it. any info on this?
If you are getting an intermittent connection when connected to the PC normally then there is most likely an issue with the dock. This is the only time I've ever seen this issue with any consistency.

nealzen25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
If you are getting an intermittent connection when connected to the PC normally then there is most likely an issue with the dock. This is the only time I've ever seen this issue with any consistency.
by the way, my watch is on imperium operative v 1.1.0... I don't know if that's whats causing the problem. just want to return it back to when I got the watch

kilroo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealzen25 View Post
Lokfish, the cant seem to install the drivers using windows 8... Is there any work around for this?
If you're on Windows 8 64-bit, you may haveto disable driver signature verification. I had to do this on my Transformer Book Trio before it would even tell me WHY the driver installation wasn't working (and then I had to run as administrator explicitly, because the 64-bit installer executable, unlike the 32-bit one, doesn't seem to ask for permission to elevate if it isn't already elevated...)

I'm a long-time lurker on various forums but a very rare poster, so I can't post the link, apparently... The instructions I found were at howtogeek and come up for me as the first Google result for howtogeek disable driver signature verification windows 8. Worked like a charm.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kilroo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fippy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default 1900 and 2100 differences?

I got a 1900 1/8 but I am currently in Europe. Is the hardware the for the 2100 1/8 the same so I can just flash that and use 3G in Europe?

Fippy

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3249

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fippy View Post
I got a 1900 1/8 but I am currently in Europe. Is the hardware the for the 2100 1/8 the same so I can just flash that and use 3G in Europe?

Fippy
Antennas are not tuned but if in a strong 3G area you should be able to pick up 3G with the baseband swap.

lirona
Old
Thanks Meter 3
OK, I see the red line start flashing but it Stuck!!!
I get this error: brom error : s_ft_da_no_response(4001) da didn't send response data to flash tool! [hint]: