MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Updating viper rom 2.3 -> 4.3 bricked phone

2nd February 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello All,

I would like to start by saying that i am a huge fan of XDA DEV and everything that has been done here for the android community. I myself am a noob , more or less , so i basically bricked my phone.

I decided to update my viper one rom to 4.3 9 from (2.3 ) and came across zero access to CWR and bootloops.

SOMEHOW... i managed to use ADB as well as tool kits to reinstall a cwm ( after about 100 attempts ) .. and reflash my old 2.3 viper rom.

Now i cannot access my nandroid backup which i made before flashing to 4.3. I am going to try to reflash an older version of CWRM and maybe it will be there.

Furthermore, i would like to know what the proper procedure to upgrade my device . If anyone would be so kind and instruct me, i will appreciate it.

Thank you!

EDIT :::
- I am S-on ( probably makes a difference )
Last edited by AlexG236; 2nd February 2014 at 03:01 AM.
2nd February 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #2  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 202

531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG236

Hello All,

I would like to start by saying that i am a huge fan of XDA DEV and everything that has been done here for the android community. I myself am a noob , more or less , so i basically bricked my phone.

I decided to update my viper one rom to 4.3 9 from (2.3 ) and came across zero access to CWR and bootloops.

SOMEHOW... i managed to use ADB as well as tool kits to reinstall a cwm ( after about 100 attempts ) .. and reflash my old 2.3 viper rom.

Now i cannot access my nandroid backup which i made before flashing to 4.3. I am going to try to reflash an older version of CWRM and maybe it will be there.

Furthermore, i would like to know what the proper procedure to upgrade my device . If anyone would be so kind and instruct me, i will appreciate it.

Thank you!

EDIT :::
- I am S-on ( probably makes a difference )

HI, You are NOT bricked. (bricked means non fixable)

TWRP is clearly mentioned by op on viper thread "AT LEAST Twrp 2.6.3.3 required (If you experience issues with Twrp 2.6.3.4, please downgrade by flashing TWRP 2.6.3.3 through the ViperOne installer main menu)

Sprint and Butterfly support is not available on 4.x.x yet. Last working rom for Sprint and Butterfly S is 3.5.0"

Are you on sprint? see above
Also, when s-on, need to extract boot.img and flash it via fastboot (fastboot flash boot bootimg).
clean install imminent for that huge update.
read first page again for better understandinghttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334294

don't mention "bricked" and will find more help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread