Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] DataSync - WiFi/Cloud application syncing

Tip us?

Quipeace
Old
(Last edited by Quipeace; 16th November 2012 at 09:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default [APP] DataSync - WiFi/Cloud application syncing

Hello all,

When I first booted my tablet I really couldn't wait to see how my games looked on it, but it wasn't long before I discovered that applicationdata wasn't shared between devices logged in with the same google account. That's where DataSync comes in. DataSync lets you share applicationdata and files/folders on your phone with other Android devices like your tablet, so that both devices have the same settings and games on both have the same levels unlocked. Syncing to and from Dropbox or Box is supported as well in case there's no WiFi network available. DataSync+ also supports automatically syncing/backing up applications either on the SDcard or cloud, Bluetooth synchronization and local backups of apps and their data, scheduled and real-time as you open and close your apps.

DataSync features:
- Parallel file/appsync
- Holo-themed and tablet-optimized UI
- Automatic multicast device-discovery
- Optional Dropbox and Box sync
- Quick Sync shortcut to sync data in two clicks

DataSync Beta features:
- Completely rebuild from scratch, it's faster, more efficient and more intuitive
- Brand new UI, holo themed for all devices
- Background syncing support, with Jelly Bean notifications on 4.1+ devices
- Safe app syncing (choose to up/download per app, free feature)
- FTP support

DataSync+ adds:
- Schedule automated syncs of your apps
- Real-time syncing as you open/close your apps (Beta)
- True two-way syncing
- Syncing via Bluetooth
- Syncing via NFC (Beta)
- Create and restore local backups

https://market.android.com/details?i...ffers.DataSync
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Quipeace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rmcsc
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Good luck with your app!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Current
The glorious and magnificent LG Nexus 5 - Android L Developer Preview

Legacy:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro Takju, sold) - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with minooch + Franco's MiNCO v7
Motorola Xoom WiFi (MZ604) - Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with dreamcwli's My Android Alpha
HTC T-Mobile G2 (retired) - Gingerbread 2.3.4 with s14mc's G2 Slim v1.6
HTC T-Mobile myTouch 3G (32B, sold)

Quipeace
Old
(Last edited by Quipeace; 12th November 2011 at 02:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you all know that I've updated my application so that you can now also send and receive files or folders stored on your SD-card. You don't need SU rights for that, so pretty much anyone will be able to use it .

Quipeace

doumer
Old
Thanks Meter 50
hi there, just discovered your app and it seems to be just what I've been looking for

But i have some questions:
1. is there a way for automaticly run the queque, for example with tasker (with an action-intend or something similar)?
2. how can a quoque be saved as default without using a shortcut?
3. are there any problems if i sync game data from my phone to my tablet? in the market a comment mentionet a fc problem after syncing to xoom (which is also my tablet).

Quipeace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Hi,

I already replied per e-mail, but i figured a reply here would be useful to others as well.

1. At the moment there's no way to schedule a queue for up/download. I am however working on both scheduling via DataSync and other apps (like tasker).
2. Yes, just save a queue without ticking the "create shortcut" box .
3. There's an issue with the app's libraries dissapearing. It's similar to what sometimes happens with TitaniumBackup. I'm working on a fix that backup's the app's libraries and copies them back to where they belong after the sync, so that should resolve the FC issues.
A logcat is very useful, so just e-mail me one if you have an app crashing after syncing .

Quint

MaluNoPeleke
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Great software!

I have two questions:

1. How can I restore a backup tar file (I have sent you an email about this already, sorry)?

2. How can I load a saved queue after I have closed DataSync?

Thanks in advance!

WarLion
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Dude I love datasync exactly what I need fast and easy just Make sure your port 4444 is open

Quipeace
Old
(Last edited by Quipeace; 9th May 2012 at 04:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
You shouldn't need to open the port, since it's all done locally over your own network, if for some reason DataSync can't connect, change the ports in the settings .

You can restore a backup by long-pressing an app's entry, if nothing pops up there's no backup to be restored. You can load a saved queue by tapping the queue's entry at the top of the applist . (Already replied by e-mail, but as usual I'll post the answers here as well)
The Following User Says Thank You to Quipeace For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaluNoPeleke
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Can you please make it work with Temple Run and Death Rally?
Thanks!

kenkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 422
What about files that already exist? Are they completely copied again?

Because I would like to keep the Camera folders on both my phone and tablet in sync, kinda like Apple's iPhoto