This ROM de-bloats the original, roots it using SuperSU, and adds several useful apps, among them: Apex Launcher and ES File Explorer. It also includes several Xposed Installer modules to tweak your system, including GravityBox and my Phab7 UI switcher. For the hackers amongst us, ADB always runs as root.
The kernel is built from Hisense's source and offers enhancements and bug fixes. Most notably, it provides USB-OTG support so you can connect USB storage devices (e.g. thumb-drives) to your tablet using an OTG cable. It comes in two flavors, a non-overclocked version included in the main package, and a separate overclocked version that can be installed (and uninstalled) independently.
Having CWM installed is a prerequisite; if you haven't installed it yet, see Post 2. This ROM is intended to function as an update, preserving your apps and data. Unless you want to start from scratch, do NOT wipe or clear anything - the install script will do what's needed.
- copy the file(s) to your internal or external SD card
- reboot into CWM, then select "install zip"
- I recommend you select "toggle signature verification"; enabling this will confirm the file hasn't gotten corrupted (if you get a verification error, stop, then copy the file to a different SD card)
- choose the menu entry corresponding to where you put the file(s), then select "sero7pro-bld60220-dopa-v2.0.zip" from the list
- after confirming your selection, the update will display what it's doing; you should NOT see any error messages
- if you'd like to install the overclocked kernel, you can do so once the main package is in place, or at some later time
- when you attach a drive using the USB-OTG feature, it is automatically mounted at '/usbdisk'. Be aware there is no easy way to unmount it - you may have to use adb or a terminal app to ensure a clean unmount. This should only be an issue if you write to the disk; if you're only reading, it may be safe to just pull the plug.
- the overclocked version of the kernel runs the processor at 1.5ghz rather than the standard 1.3ghz. Using it may result in a significant loss of stability on some systems. You may want to install one of the many apps that let you control the maximum speed to regain stability and reduce power consumption.
- much of the app-bloat this ROM tries to eliminate (such as Sams Club or Playstore Magazines) may still be present if you've ever gotten updates for any of these apps. To get rid of them permanently, uninstall them using Settings->Apps->Downloaded. For "system" apps like the Google stuff, select "Uninstall updates", then "OK" when it asks if you want to revert to the factory-installed version (which doesn't exist anymore). The apps will be gone for good.
- to enable the many tweaks offered by GravityBox and Phab7, open the Xposed Installer app and enable it via the "Framework" option but don't reboot yet. Back out and choose "Modules", then tap directly on the checkbox to the left of each module's icon (not on the icon or text). Now, reboot to activate their features.
Note: GravityBox's Quick Settings tiles and statusbar mods only work with the Phone or Phablet UIs (i.e. not Tablet UI). To get the full effect from Tablet UI, open Apex Launcher's settings and select "Homescreen settings->Use tablet UI mode"
- Geek Alert: with the addition of DriveDroid (not included), this kernel lets your tablet emulate a USB CD drive that can be used to boot your PC. See the app's description for details.
- xboxexpert - for getting things going
- randomblame - for many of the patches used in this kernel
new and improved:
- sero7pro-bld60220-dopa-v2.0.zip - the DoPa v2.0 ROM with the standard kernel
- sero7pro-boot-dopa0oc-v2.0.zip - the overclocked kernel
- sero7pro-boot-dopa0-v2.0.zip - the standard kernel (in case you want to reinstall it)
- sero7pro-bld60220-dopa-v1.1.zip - the DoPa v1.1 ROM
- sero7pro-usbotg-dopa-v1.1.zip - USB-OTG add-on
- sero7pro-macfix-dopa-v1.1.zip - random MAC address fix
- sero7pro-sysui-dopa-v1.1.zip - removes screenshot button
- sero7pro-bld60220-removed.zip - files that were removed from the DoPa ROMS (note: unlike the other files here, this is not a flashable zip. Unzip it, copy the apps you want to your SD card, then install them from there)
- stock-v60220-full-update.zip - the complete 6.02.20 update from Hisense - this is the closest you'll get to the original stock ROM