[APP] [TOOL] [Win | Mac | Linux] ADB Master: An ADB GUI - full version for XDA users!
Updated 26 July 2014
is a GUI
tool to help manage and monitor multiple
Android devices using ADB (Android debug bridge). One click to perform actions, commands or view and compare installed apps, running processes with cpu usage or browse logcat for multiple selected devices… At he same time!
ADB Master is a "runnable JAR"
which means it will run on any operating system with the Java runtime installed.
1) Make sure ADB is installed on the PC
2) Download and extract the zip file at the end of this post
3) In the extracted 'ADB-Master' folder run the 'ADB-Master.jar' file by double clicking (requires Java to be installed).
Mac users: If you get an error that the jar file is corrupt or cannot be opened, try right clicking it and select open at least once to allow the unsigned jar to run.
4) Set the ADB location in the “Control” tab of ADB Master by browsing to the folder containing “adb”. The background will turn green when the correct folder is selected.
5) For the Android devices to appear in the list, enable "USB Debugging" and connect them to the computer with USB.
6) Select one or more devices from the list of USB or WiFi connected devices to perform actions or view information on them...
If you like the app and want to support it, please purchase the paid version in the Google Play Store (search for 'ADB Master').
Using the ADB Master GUI
At the top of the application are the device lists. These lists provide a way to list and select devices to work with.
There are two lists:
1) USB connected devices with a button to switch the selected devices to WiFi (tcpip) mode. This will install “Helper.apk” to display adb state on the device and enable the device to be discovered and connected to by ADB Master.
NOTE: The device(s) and the computer must connected to the same WiFi access point for a successful ADB-Over-WiFi connection.
NOTE: Unfortunately, some android builds do not have the ability to use ADB-Over-WiFi without root.
2) WiFi connected devices which has a button to switch the selected devices to USB mode. This will uninstall “Helper.apk” and set the device back to USB mode.
This section allows you to perform actions or commands on all selected devices.
- Shutdown, reboot, reboot to recovery or reboot to bootloader by selecting the devices and then pressing the desired button.
- Press power, back, home or volume up and down buttons on all selected devices at the same time.
- “Identify” a device installs and runs a small utility to wake the device and display the same information that appears in the device list as well as the IP address.
- Execute any custom ADB command in the ADB Command box and hit enter or press “Execute” to run that command on all selected devices. NOTE: This function treats spaces as command separators so it may not work for all possible adb commands at the moment. View the results of the command in the “ADB Log” tab.
This section allows you to compare and manage applications (packages) on all selected devices using the adb commands “adb pm list packages -e”, “adb pm list packages -d” or “adb pm list packages”.
- Install an APK from your pc
- Enable (requires root and su to be installed on the device)
- Disable (requires root and su to be installed on the device)
- Uninstall multiple apps on all selected devices with one click.
App listing color key:
- Green: The app is installed and enabled on all selected devices
- Black: The app is installed and enabled on some selected devices
- Orange: The app is installed on some or all devices, but is disabled on one or more
- Red: The app is installed on some or all devices but is disabled on all installed instances
This section uses the command “adb shell top -m 20” to list the top 20 processes running on the device. It lists all selected devices in one view making it easy to monitor multiple devices at the same time. Future features include the ability to terminate processes and use custom top commands.
View live Logcat data from all selected devices in one list making it easy to monitor multiple devices at the same time. Future features will enhance this section with the use of filters and colors.
ADB Log tab
View a log of commands executed by ADB Master. It logs the device, commands and their responses.
- Fix for incorrect process display in Windows
- Removed the extra blank lines in logs on Windows
- Fix for device name not set correctly in Windows
- Added tcp reset/disconnect button
- Added adb sideload feature (useful for ROM developers)
- Renamed Log tab 'Console'
- Moved ADB custom command fields from Command to Console tab for better context and visibility of command responses
ADB Master exposes powerful and advanced tools for working with your Android devices and misusing it can result in the device malfunctioning... REALLY.
Although great care has gone into creating it, this software is provided AS-IS and you use it completely at your own risk. All rights reserved.
The latest version is 1.33.