Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[dev][apx][nvflash][tegra-note-7]

Tip us?

Shaky156
Old
(Last edited by Shaky156; 27th December 2013 at 09:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Default [dev][apx][nvflash][tegra-note-7]

While attempting to flash a modified OTA flashable zip I managed to disable the touchscreen by NOT flashing thee important binary blob leaving me in a permanent apx mode and booting into android OS without a functioning touchscreen, Since the update is to 4.3 the device requests permission for adb so no adb reboot recovery... Also cannt access fastboot just apx mode

Procedure to fix coming soon, testing fix at the moment have successfully installed apx drivers

Update: wheelie is currently incapable of reading Tegra notes blob.bin file, unrecognized MCRVER gives it a hang at the moment so cannot take it any further just yet...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shaky156 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

e8hffff
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156 View Post
While attempting to flash a modified OTA flashable zip I managed to disable the touchscreen by NOT flashing thee important binary blob leaving me in a permanent apx mode and booting into android OS without a functioning touchscreen, Since the update is to 4.3 the device requests permission for adb so no adb reboot recovery... Also cannt access fastboot just apx mode

Procedure to fix coming soon, testing fix at the moment have successfully installed apx drivers

Update: wheelie is currently incapable of reading Tegra notes blob.bin file, unrecognized MCRVER gives it a hang at the moment so cannot take it any further just yet...
Good and bad news, but an horizon... Thumbs up Shaky. Can't wait as similar problem to you.

Pacattack
Old
(Last edited by Pacattack; 30th December 2013 at 01:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1270
Default Note

For those who are having problems with ADB/Fastboot commands not working correct on NT7, update them to r16.01

Linux Kernel for SHIELD (and Tegra Note 7) https://github.com/linux-shield/kernel

e8hffff
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:

What happens if one "nvflash --create", would that take one to the recover straight after boot or is the recovery partition also wiped?

Shaky156
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by e8hffff View Post
What happens if one "nvflash --create", would that take one to the recover straight after boot or is the recovery partition also wiped?
Nvflash currently doesnt support tegra 4 or atleast looks like that to me as it hangs on rcmver, doesnt pass that, will test... Also that doesnt take you to recovery it formats everything

e8hffff
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Nvflash currently doesnt support tegra 4 or atleast looks like that to me as it hangs on rcmver, doesnt pass that, will test... Also that doesnt take you to recovery it formats everything
You mahybe correct. The best I could get out of it was reporting my chip UID. Hasn't the Shield users been using nvflash?

Shaky156
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by e8hffff View Post
You mahybe correct. The best I could get out of it was reporting my chip UID. Hasn't the Shield users been using nvflash?
Afaik shield users havent been using nvflash

Shaky156
Old
(Last edited by Shaky156; 9th February 2014 at 08:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Progress has been made on this...

EDIT: same issue though reading uid fails

EDIT2: Although i have the correct files apart from nvflash, I Talked to someone from nvidia, they have but wont release the nvflash cmd tool for tegra note 7, it wont happen, thread can close

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 5808

DONATE TO ME
Thread closed at the request of the OP.

MD

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S