[dev][apx][nvflash][tegra-note-7]

OP Shaky156

27th December 2013, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,941

923 posts
Donate to Me
More
While attempting to flash a modified OTA flashable zip I managed to disable the touchscreen by NOT flashing thee important binary blob leaving me in a permanent apx mode and booting into android OS without a functioning touchscreen, Since the update is to 4.3 the device requests permission for adb so no adb reboot recovery... Also cannt access fastboot just apx mode

Procedure to fix coming soon, testing fix at the moment have successfully installed apx drivers

Update: wheelie is currently incapable of reading Tegra notes blob.bin file, unrecognized MCRVER gives it a hang at the moment so cannot take it any further just yet...
Last edited by Shaky156; 27th December 2013 at 09:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shaky156 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2013, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 50

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156

While attempting to flash a modified OTA flashable zip I managed to disable the touchscreen by NOT flashing thee important binary blob leaving me in a permanent apx mode and booting into android OS without a functioning touchscreen, Since the update is to 4.3 the device requests permission for adb so no adb reboot recovery... Also cannt access fastboot just apx mode

Procedure to fix coming soon, testing fix at the moment have successfully installed apx drivers

Update: wheelie is currently incapable of reading Tegra notes blob.bin file, unrecognized MCRVER gives it a hang at the moment so cannot take it any further just yet...

Good and bad news, but an horizon... Thumbs up Shaky. Can't wait as similar problem to you.
30th December 2013, 01:17 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,767

2,077 posts
More
Note
For those who are having problems with ADB/Fastboot commands not working correct on NT7, update them to r16.01

Linux Kernel for SHIELD (and Tegra Note 7) https://github.com/linux-shield/kernel
Last edited by Pacattack; 30th December 2013 at 01:34 AM.
2nd January 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #4  

153 posts
Quote:

What happens if one "nvflash --create", would that take one to the recover straight after boot or is the recovery partition also wiped?
2nd January 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

923 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e8hffff

What happens if one "nvflash --create", would that take one to the recover straight after boot or is the recovery partition also wiped?

Nvflash currently doesnt support tegra 4 or atleast looks like that to me as it hangs on rcmver, doesnt pass that, will test... Also that doesnt take you to recovery it formats everything
2nd January 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #6  

153 posts
Quote:

Nvflash currently doesnt support tegra 4 or atleast looks like that to me as it hangs on rcmver, doesnt pass that, will test... Also that doesnt take you to recovery it formats everything

You mahybe correct. The best I could get out of it was reporting my chip UID. Hasn't the Shield users been using nvflash?
4th January 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

923 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e8hffff

You mahybe correct. The best I could get out of it was reporting my chip UID. Hasn't the Shield users been using nvflash?

Afaik shield users havent been using nvflash
30th January 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

923 posts
Donate to Me
More
Progress has been made on this...

EDIT: same issue though reading uid fails

EDIT2: Although i have the correct files apart from nvflash, I Talked to someone from nvidia, they have but wont release the nvflash cmd tool for tegra note 7, it wont happen, thread can close
Last edited by Shaky156; 9th February 2014 at 08:38 AM.
9th February 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #9  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,122

7,346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed at the request of the OP.

MD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread