Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Messed up my E975... need help... :(

OP Fotonic

1st February 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Hello all, on a stock E975 I installed freegee and then cwm, unlocked the bootloader and installed fastboot (i think, there's the start menu if I hold vol+ and power).
The phone shows 'google' and an open lock at the boot also.

Now, I messed up the OS of the phone and t the moment it 'only' boots to cyanogenmod 10.2.0, wifi and Bluetooth aren't working and IMEI reports all zeroes if without SIM, 'unknown' if SIM is inserted.

I know his is a big trouble since I haven't freegee backup anymore but I'd like for the moment to return to stock firmware. Onestep at a time.

So, I need help in how to install stock firmware since the various methods I've tryed so far aren't working.

I got the right E97510H_00.kdz file downloaded ith the Original LG firmware program but I am unable to flash it anymore using KDZ_FW_UPD.exe: I start with phone in upload mode but the program reboots the phone, fastboot menu comes up and firmware update cannot continue anymore and exits with an error.

What should I do to let KDZ_FW_UPD continue with updating firmware?
2nd February 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Talking
SOLVED!

Just made a 910k type cable, connected phone to PC and set lg updater to Emergency mode.

Stock firmware restored perfectly and IMEI is working again too.
3rd February 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 25

238 posts
More
also...

when the phone reboots to fastboot while trying to flash kdz, power off phone, dont close/exit kdz updater, disconnect usb cable, switch to download mode again and the flashing should finish. i always had success with this one. hth!

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread