Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,288 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen protector and sensitivity

Tip us?

ElAguila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default [Q] Screen protector and sensitivity

Had anybody else had sensitivity issues when using a screen protector? I bought the Zagg ultra clear hd protector and put it on right away. After doing that I have noticed that often it doesn't register touches and I have to tap harder than than I did before installing the protector. Please keep this thread to the question. I don't want it to turn into a discussion about merits of a screen protector vs being bare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Rooted/Dynamic ROM
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Rooted / Cleanrom

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 401

DONATE TO ME
Yes your touch sensitivity is going to decrease when you add distance between the screen and your finger. Screen protectors vary in thickness, and materials they are made up of. So each style and brand are going to be different.

If your having problems turn up the sensitivity with glove mode. Or try a different screen protector.

chadrick.7
Old
Thanks Meter 278
I am a zagg employee and can assure you it only decreases sensitivity a slight amount. The best solution is to turn up the sensitivity like mentioned.

AT&T NOTE 3 powered by KnoxRaid KitKat rom v5.1

ElAguila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Thanks for the info and the solution

madlag
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Listen I also tried the ZAGG and it was a major fail. Touch issues and a sort of haze on white backgrounds. I ended up pulling it off and contacting ZAGG for a replacement that I will just sell.

After seeing a friends protector on his iphone, I ended up using a Tech21 by BASF AND I CANT EVEN TELL IT'S ON THE SCREEN! I highly recommend it.

AT&T Note 3

ElAguila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Where it's the setting for glove mode?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
Where it's the setting for glove mode?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
settings - Controls tab - increase touch sensitivity at the bottom of the list.

Rukbat
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Just to keep it honest, I'm NOT a Zagg employee. I never use anything but Zagg screen protectors. And I never notice any real difference iin sensitivity. (I'd have to find 2 phones that were exactly alike in sensitivity, put a Zagg on one, and test them side by side to do better than "never notice".)

I also like dealing with the company. AT&T bricked one of my N3s. (Don't dare run out of battery during an OTA that glitches, or you'll have a lump of silicon in a phone case.) Zagg replaced the screen protector - even though the reason had nothing to do with Zagg. They didn't guarantee their product, they guaranteed that I'd be able to continue to use their product, even if someone else caused it to be unusable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rukbat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chadrick.7
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
Just to keep it honest, I'm NOT a Zagg employee. I never use anything but Zagg screen protectors. And I never notice any real difference iin sensitivity. (I'd have to find 2 phones that were exactly alike in sensitivity, put a Zagg on one, and test them side by side to do better than "never notice".)

I also like dealing with the company. AT&T bricked one of my N3s. (Don't dare run out of battery during an OTA that glitches, or you'll have a lump of silicon in a phone case.) Zagg replaced the screen protector - even though the reason had nothing to do with Zagg. They didn't guarantee their product, they guaranteed that I'd be able to continue to use their product, even if someone else caused it to be unusable.
That is correct our shields have a lifetime warranty no matter what.

AT&T NOTE 3 powered by KnoxRaid KitKat rom v5.1

Gods Son
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just increase the sensitivity. It's to easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app