Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP Error?

Tip us?

JosephBallin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] TWRP Error?

Just rooted my s4 using saferoot, got goomanager to install twrp recovery, installed, didn't do a reboot as it was prompted to (I think it was supposed to reboot anyhow) and said "Recovery has been installed" click the reboot recovery through goo, a couple gapps crash, and reboots into normal recovery, that says error and I'm able to boot my phone up still?
Help?

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Did you have goo manager reinstall twrp? If you use goo, there is no reboot required. Try again and report back.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JosephBallin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Did you have goo manager reinstall twrp? If you use goo, there is no reboot required. Try again and report back.
I just rooted and this would be my first time putting twrp on this phone, I rooted past phones but I used Odin so I'm used to flashing things and I was told by a friend who rooted the s4 that with my model (UEMK2) to do the saferoot route and get goo manager to install twrp, so I did that, I have root access I checked with root checker, and when I went to install twrp, it downloaded, said "recovery installed" and I went to check just to make sure by using goo manager's Reboot Recovery option, but instead I got Android normal recovery, it first said "no command" then it says "error" and then I get the normal options for android recovery, I can safely just boot out of it and start my phone though, should I try and flash twrp or?

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Yes, try to reflash twrp. I used safe root to reroot after running the MK2 stock tar last week and used goo manager to install twrp with no problems so it does work. Try again.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JosephBallin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Yes, try to reflash twrp. I used safe root to reroot after running the MK2 stock tar last week and used goo manager to install twrp with no problems so it does work. Try again.
Yeah I got it to work haha thank you so much!