Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Boxwave Bodysuit vs VOIA Jelly Case

6th February 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 91

263 posts
More
I now have both of these covers/cases and can compare and contrast.

The VOIA I got from amazon http://www.amazon.com/VOIA-Premium-S....3+tablet+case

The boxwave cover I got from their site http://www.boxwave.com/lg-g-pad-83-c...wpdd/tmc-zwgz/

The VOIA cover is thicker and stiffer which makes it slightly harder to put on the device. The boxwave cover is thinner and softer in the choice of material. The shiny part on the back of the boxwave cover shows fingerprints and I have usually never been a big fan of a case that has "buttons" over the buttons which is what boxwave decided to do on the power/volume button side instead of cutouts. While the cutouts on the VOIA made me have to relearn how to push the buttons (slightly) the boxwave changed the feel of the buttons which I didn't like very much.

Cost wise I got them both for about the same price, but the VOIA feels like a quality choice whereas the boxwave seems to be something where I don't feel like I got my moneys worth (not that either was expensive in any way...)

If you are looking for a simple cover and when traveling are planning to put the device in a neoprene padded sleeve I would suggest the VOIA cover over the boxwave. Especially if the prices are equal.
6th February 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
More
I do also have VOIA LG G Pad 8.3 Premium Soft Jelly Case (in Black and Yellow) and I can confirm its quality and premium felling.
6th February 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

77 posts
Wow depending on the color you choose the price can be as high as $50 for a VOIA TPU case.
6th February 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07aspenx

Wow depending on the color you choose the price can be as high as $50 for a VOIA TPU case.

Well yeah, I think it doesn't worth to pay 50$ for a jelly case, in my case I have bought each one of my jelly cases for around 11€.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread