5,600,919 Members 42,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP: I bricked my Note 3 (N900). Forget to enable USB debugging before flashing!

Tip us?
 
boycam
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Unhappy HELP: I bricked my Note 3 (N900). Forget to enable USB debugging before flashing!

I have just bricked my newly-bought Note 3 (N900).

I wanted to flash the latest version of Note 3 via Odin 3.08 (from 4.3 to 4.4.2). I made a big mistake as I didn't enable the "USB DEBUGGING" mode before go to download mode.

I clicked start in Odin and it show FAIL!!!

After I restart the phone all I see on the screen is the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I tried to recover it through Kies, but the it shows the phone is not connected or not support. Meaning the Kies cannot communicate with the phone at all.

I also tries to flash in Odin many times, but it still fails.

Please!!! Can anyone here give me some solution.

Thanks.
 
jaythenut
Old
#2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1272
Posts: 4,434
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycam View Post
I have just bricked my newly-bought Note 3 (N900).

I wanted to flash the latest version of Note 3 via Odin 3.08 (from 4.3 to 4.4.2). I made a big mistake as I didn't enable the "USB DEBUGGING" mode before go to download mode.

I clicked start in Odin and it show FAIL!!!

After I restart the phone all I see on the screen is the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I tried to recover it through Kies, but the it shows the phone is not connected or not support. Meaning the Kies cannot communicate with the phone at all.

I also tries to flash in Odin many times, but it still fails.

Please!!! Can anyone here give me some solution.

Thanks.
make sure kies is not running then try odin again
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
 
boycam
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
make sure kies is not running then try odin again
I tried many time already, but still fail. I think because the usb debugging mode was not enable at the first place.

Thank anyway.
 
hey_joe
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 960
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycam View Post
I tried many time already, but still fail. I think because the usb debugging mode was not enable at the first place.

Thank anyway.
Usb debugging has nothing to do with it failing when you're using odin. Try a different version of odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
radicalisto
Old
#5  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1243
Posts: 3,077
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
A simple reflash via Odin 1.85 or 3.07/3.04 will fix it.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jdomadia
Old
(Last edited by jdomadia; 1st February 2014 at 05:46 PM.)
#6  
jdomadia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 195
Posts: 593
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycam View Post
I have just bricked my newly-bought Note 3 (N900).

I wanted to flash the latest version of Note 3 via Odin 3.08 (from 4.3 to 4.4.2). I made a big mistake as I didn't enable the "USB DEBUGGING" mode before go to download mode.

I clicked start in Odin and it show FAIL!!!

After I restart the phone all I see on the screen is the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I tried to recover it through Kies, but the it shows the phone is not connected or not support. Meaning the Kies cannot communicate with the phone at all.

I also tries to flash in Odin many times, but it still fails.

Please!!! Can anyone here give me some solution.

Thanks.
USB Debugging has nothing to do with odin flash, make sure while flashing below steps.
1. Update boot loader is selected in odin.(Edit:for single file not required)
2. Disable antivirus.
3. make sure note 3 drivers are installed.
4. kies not running in bag round.
5.Clear Factory Data & Catch before flash.


GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE
The Following User Says Thank You to jdomadia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CoolPyr0
Old
#7  
CoolPyr0's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
if all of those step fail..
try to flash ur rom on other computer or laptop

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to CoolPyr0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes