5,600,919 Members 42,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP: I bricked my Note 3 (N900). Forget to enable USB debugging before flashing!

Tip us?

boycam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy HELP: I bricked my Note 3 (N900). Forget to enable USB debugging before flashing!

I have just bricked my newly-bought Note 3 (N900).

I wanted to flash the latest version of Note 3 via Odin 3.08 (from 4.3 to 4.4.2). I made a big mistake as I didn't enable the "USB DEBUGGING" mode before go to download mode.

I clicked start in Odin and it show FAIL!!!

After I restart the phone all I see on the screen is the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I tried to recover it through Kies, but the it shows the phone is not connected or not support. Meaning the Kies cannot communicate with the phone at all.

I also tries to flash in Odin many times, but it still fails.

Please!!! Can anyone here give me some solution.

Thanks.

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycam View Post

I wanted to flash the latest version of Note 3 via Odin 3.08 (from 4.3 to 4.4.2). I made a big mistake as I didn't enable the "USB DEBUGGING" mode before go to download mode.

After I restart the phone all I see on the screen is the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I tried to recover it through Kies, but the it shows the phone is not connected or not support. Meaning the Kies cannot communicate with the phone at all.

Thanks.
make sure kies is not running then try odin again
if i helped hit the Thanks Button

boycam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
make sure kies is not running then try odin again
I tried many time already, but still fail. I think because the usb debugging mode was not enable at the first place.

Thank anyway.

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
I tried many time already, but still fail. I think because the usb debugging mode was not enable at the first place.

Thank anyway.
Usb debugging has nothing to do with it failing when you're using odin. Try a different version of odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1243

DONATE TO ME
A simple reflash via Odin 1.85 or 3.07/3.04 will fix it.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdomadia
Old
(Last edited by jdomadia; 1st February 2014 at 05:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks.
USB Debugging has nothing to do with odin flash, make sure while flashing below steps.
1. Update boot loader is selected in odin.(Edit:for single file not required)
2. Disable antivirus.
3. make sure note 3 drivers are installed.
4. kies not running in bag round.
5.Clear Factory Data & Catch before flash.

GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE
The Following User Says Thank You to jdomadia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoolPyr0
Old
Thanks Meter 7
if all of those step fail..
try to flash ur rom on other computer or laptop

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to CoolPyr0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]