FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Android 4.3 with sense 5.5

3,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 674
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Android Headlines
Android 4.3 Hitting US-Based HTC One Models Soon, Says HTC Insider No Android 4.3 for the One S and EVO LTE
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013...c-insider.html

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to daorderdillon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
10th September 2013, 03:09 AM |#2  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 674
 
Donate to Me
More
I wonder how long will it take to reach us?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th September 2013, 12:30 PM |#3  
Terra1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Will it reach us is the big question? They may forget us......

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th September 2013, 02:19 PM |#4  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 674
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1

Will it reach us is the big question? They may forget us......

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

this is the hong kong and taiwanese flagship we will get it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daorderdillon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2013, 06:50 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Definitely Taiwan will get it first! Look at One X+, Taiwanese version got 4.2 before all the others.

I really hope they fix the audio crackling at high volumes, perhaps my unit has a defective headphone amplifier, but another user, tsokh, also noticed the same thing =/ Galaxy S4 with Snapdragon 600 had a similar problem, but I contacted HTC the rep told me that nobody else has complained to them about this issue (but then again I contacted HTC North America not Taiwan, a bit of a language barrier and they give you similar replies everytime there).

Also Beats Audio is kinda buggy if you listen to speakers with Beats on, and plug in your headphones the volume increasing effect of Beats is actually reversed and it actually decreases your volume, then turning Beats off actually increases the volume (leading to the audio crackling too). Even worse, after I do this, I start getting an occasional audio ZAP like not crackling but a loud squeak at the same location of a song.
14th September 2013, 10:03 PM |#6  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 674
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYL21

Definitely Taiwan will get it first! Look at One X+, Taiwanese version got 4.2 before all the others.

I really hope they fix the audio crackling at high volumes, perhaps my unit has a defective headphone amplifier, but another user, tsokh, also noticed the same thing =/ Galaxy S4 with Snapdragon 600 had a similar problem, but I contacted HTC the rep told me that nobody else has complained to them about this issue (but then again I contacted HTC North America not Taiwan, a bit of a language barrier and they give you similar replies everytime there).

Also Beats Audio is kinda buggy if you listen to speakers with Beats on, and plug in your headphones the volume increasing effect of Beats is actually reversed and it actually decreases your volume, then turning Beats off actually increases the volume (leading to the audio crackling too). Even worse, after I do this, I start getting an occasional audio ZAP like not crackling but a loud squeak at the same location of a song.

I don't ever get that

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
14th September 2013, 10:11 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon

I don't ever get that

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

It's noticeable only on some type of music and only with high level of volume - you can't hear anything with moderate volume level.
Beats bug with increasing/decreasing volume is true
The Following User Says Thank You to tsokh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2013, 02:51 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon

I don't ever get that

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

It's only occurs with songs that have a slow deep bass, example would be the slow part of Touch by Daft Punk, some R. Kelly songs. With most songs audio quality is great but I notice a little bit of high-pitched EMI on the left channel at the beginning of each track.

The audio crackling is very apparent with in-ear headphones and earbuds, if you have the volume above 11/15. I find 12/15 to be the ideal listening volume so I do notice it a little bit, but using PowerAMP it SOMETIMES doesn't happen. (but with PowerAMP I get occasional audio popping as opposed to the crackling distortion)

With higher impedance on-ear headphones you only get it at the maximum volume setting (Beats off).

The HTC rep advised me to have it checked with RMA (I might just go to a service center in Taiwan to ask about it the next time I go, it takes about 2 weeks for a factory repair though)

Does anybody use Bluetooth for listening to music? If it doesn't happen on Bluetooth it might be the headphone amplifier.
Last edited by FYL21; 16th September 2013 at 10:23 PM.
17th September 2013, 10:05 PM |#9  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 674
 
Donate to Me
More
When is android 4.3 really coming out for the htc butterfly s

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
18th September 2013, 11:06 PM |#10  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 674
 
Donate to Me
More
update available for us http://www.hubfr.com/en/mise-a-jour-...ly-1-21-709-3/
19th September 2013, 08:38 AM |#11  
gelo01's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Caloocan
Thanks Meter: 440
 
More
It's not only the butterfly S that is affected by the crackling sound on high volumes. I can confirm that it's also happening in One S and X..

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes