Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] good roms for p6

Tip us?

Aramz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] good roms for p6

i am looking for a working standard android looking rom and to have good info along with it to install it because i am kinda new to changing roms on to android devices

PulseDroid
Old
(Last edited by PulseDroid; 12th January 2014 at 08:54 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz View Post
i am looking for a working standard android looking rom and to have good info along with it to install it because i am kinda new to changing roms on to android devices
So, you can make a post asking for a ROM but can't navigate XDA?

Cyanogenmod is your best bet.

Since Huawei didn't sign their apps properly, we can't decompile stock apps and make them look like AOSP ( Stock Android ). We can use Huawei's themer app, but that only goes as far as images no xml's.

Tip: If you have no idea what I was talking about in this post, you are probably not ready for custom Roms and need to do some more reading and learning.

Goodluck.

"What would be the purpose of fishing for thanks? Having one thank you as opposed to 10,000 makes no difference does it? It's just an ego thing I suppose. I don't and have never focused on someone's thank meter to judge their expertise and knowledge." - edfunkycold

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PulseDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muzeik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
PAC MAN Rom is the best i used for this phone imo.

piccolo001
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulseDroid View Post
So, you can make a post asking for a ROM but can't navigate XDA?

Cyanogenmod is your best bet.

Since Huawei didn't sign their apps properly, we can't decompile stock apps and make them look like AOSP ( Stock Android ). We can use Huawei's themer app, but that only goes as far as images no xml's.

Tip: If you have no idea what I was talking about in this post, you are probably not ready for custom Roms and need to do some more reading and learning.

Goodluck.
I agree with above, Cyanogenmod is by far the best one we have at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to piccolo001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ha5x
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo001 View Post
I agree with above, Cyanogenmod is by far the best one we have at the moment.
Thank you. My P6 is still very new and I am a bit reluctant to tamper with it, but the lack of native Android SIP is one irritating issue that pushes me closer to flashing something...

primo14z
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Well in my opinion the best one is Pac-Man B120 firmware

gesongwei
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default MIUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz View Post
What about MIUI?