Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4G Hack conceivable?

Tip us?

StrangerWeather
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4401
Default 4G Hack conceivable?

Just wondering, as the Moto G is not 4g ready, whether it is conceivable that a hack might allow it to get 4g.
When 4g becomes available in my area, my package will be automatically upgraded for the same price, so it would be nice to be in a position to use 4g on my Moto G. Is there a chance?

tillaz
Old
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather View Post
Just wondering, as the Moto G is not 4g ready, whether it is conceivable that a hack might allow it to get 4g.
When 4g becomes available in my area, my package will be automatically upgraded for the same price, so it would be nice to be in a position to use 4g on my Moto G. Is there a chance?
not if the phone has no 4G radio
The Following User Says Thank You to tillaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nor1982
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You need to have an the hardware on the chip set which sadly it does not

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nor1982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 35
There's an app on the playstore called 3G/4G optimizer i am using it and get an increase in download speed. Before i would get about 4-6 mbps now i get up to 9-11 mbps with 3 bars of signal! Give it a go and see how it is for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serophia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Furieuxariel2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
And what about using a USB stick modem with 4G?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

glava34
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furieuxariel2 View Post
And what about using a USB stick modem with 4G?

wouldn't work..and even if it would, you would really carry around a USB stick with phone to get better download speeds which would mean litlle in real life performance for average user?
The Following User Says Thank You to glava34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Furieuxariel2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just saying... I think would be usefull sometime

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 428

DONATE TO ME
For the price of that LTE stick combined with the Moto G, you're probably better off buying a phone that has the LTE radio built-in...
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

AwesomeTurtle
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Conveniently, the price of a Moto X isn't bad anymore. I might make that switch myself because I find that I really do love LTE, and I like what Moto's doing.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app