XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MMS issues?

Tip us?

boogalah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] MMS issues?

Hey all, Moto G US version owner here, and having trouble getting MMS working on at&t. I spent some time on the phone with them earlier and was more or less told that the phone wouldn't work right on network, or something to that effect. This was frustrating since everything else worked fine, and it is supposedly tailored for US networks after all. So I tried several different APN settings from online but to no avail. I even copied over the APN settings from my unlocked GS3 (which has no problems at all on at&t's network) and it still wouldn't work. I've contacted Moto's customer service as well and they've given me the number for Level 2 support, will be speaking to them soon.

I'm at a loss here.. yes, it is a new device and all, but is anybody else having this problem?

oldcrow66
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Try Handcent

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogalah View Post
Hey all, Moto G US version owner here, and having trouble getting MMS working on at&t. I spent some time on the phone with them earlier and was more or less told that the phone wouldn't work right on network, or something to that effect. This was frustrating since everything else worked fine, and it is supposedly tailored for US networks after all. So I tried several different APN settings from online but to no avail. I even copied over the APN settings from my unlocked GS3 (which has no problems at all on at&t's network) and it still wouldn't work. I've contacted Moto's customer service as well and they've given me the number for Level 2 support, will be speaking to them soon.

I'm at a loss here.. yes, it is a new device and all, but is anybody else having this problem?
I was able to sent text messages just fine, but not MMS photos. I installed Handcent and set the photo size to 100k and the messages went through. I'll be calling Tmobile tomorrow to make sure it's not a provisioning issue.

I'll update if a solution is found.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldcrow66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boogalah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcrow66 View Post
I was able to sent text messages just fine, but not MMS photos. I installed Handcent and set the photo size to 100k and the messages went through. I'll be calling Tmobile tomorrow to make sure it's not a provisioning issue.

I'll update if a solution is found.
Would this help with receiving MMS messages though? I have issues sending and receiving them currently. Have not had an opportunity to speak with Motorola's level 2 support yet.

angomy
Old
(Last edited by angomy; 2nd February 2014 at 07:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogalah View Post

I'm on AT&T Gophone, not AT&T postpaid, so your experience may be different, but I've had no problem sending MMS to other phones (android + iphones) or receiving them.

The AT&T rep set up two APN that I can see, including them here for you to try out if you want:

Name: AT&T Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: not set
Username: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: not set
MMS proxy: not set
MMS port: not set
MCC: 310
MNC: Not set
APN type: default, supl, hipri, dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: unspecified
MVNO type: none
MVNO value: not set

AT&T US MMS
Name: AT&T US MMS
APN: phone
Proxy: not set
Username: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MNC: 410
Authentication type: not set
APN type: mms
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
MVNO type: none
MVNO value: not set

FWIW I've also used this AT&T APN Suggested from ATT forum and it also works with MMS after a reboot.

NAME: AT&T Phone
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: (not set)
Port: (not set)
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: (not set)
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: (not set)
APN type: (not set)
APN: enabled (may need to check this, not sure about your model)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Moto G 16GB US GSM
The Following User Says Thank You to angomy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]