No registration required

[Q] Buy a Moto G, or fix my Nexus 4?

OP treave

28th January 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi guys,

I dropped my Nexus 4 recently and cracked the front screen. The replacement will be pricey, pretty much about the same price as I would pay for a Moto G.

Reading up on it, it seems that the Moto G has its advantages over the Nexus 4: the main reason I am considering a replacement is because even though I do like the Nexus 4's aesthetic, it seems to be a little too fragile for my tastes.

So, just asking:

Do you think I should pay out to repair my Nexus, or trade it in and get a bit off an purchase of a Moto G?

Thanks.
28th January 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

49 posts
Moto G beats Nexus 4 in benchmarks but most of your data will still be on the nexus. If the crack is a small one, I would get it fixed or buy a moto g and transfer all data. If it is a large one just buy the moto g

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
28th January 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 644

641 posts
Donate to Me
More
Moto G! Much better battery than nexus 4!
28th January 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I can transfer my data using adb to the desktop, and the rest is backed up to the cloud, so I'm not too worried about that. Rather than a crack, it's more of the entire front shattering. The touch screen is pretty much unresponsive, unusable.

Yeah, I've heard of the much improved battery life, which is one of the reasons I'm considering the trade.

Hopefully it'll be more durable than the Nexus 4, which was noted to be remarkably fragile even for a smartphone.
28th January 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
Repair or replace really gets down to cost and how well you like the older product. If you really like the N4 and the repair costs are reasonable, that might drive you in one direction. However, if you're looking for a change and/or the costs of repair are significant, that could lead you to another choice.
28th January 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Calne
Thanks Meter: 190

875 posts
More
I faced a similar dilemma and plumped for a Moto G and haven't missed my N4 at all. It's been two months now and no regrets.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th January 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 81

1,322 posts
More
Moto G. Better screen and battery life. Sure the N4 is slightly faster in GPU but I haven't missed it at all.

Sent from my Moto G GPE
28th January 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #8  

10 posts
More
Depends on how expensive the repair is! If its more than 80~ish i'd say go for the Moto!
29th January 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treave

Hi guys,

I dropped my Nexus 4 recently and cracked the front screen. The replacement will be pricey, pretty much about the same price as I would pay for a Moto G.

Reading up on it, it seems that the Moto G has its advantages over the Nexus 4: the main reason I am considering a replacement is because even though I do like the Nexus 4's aesthetic, it seems to be a little too fragile for my tastes.

So, just asking:

Do you think I should pay out to repair my Nexus, or trade it in and get a bit off an purchase of a Moto G?

Thanks.

This is motog site, you want to know the answer will come to an identical

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th January 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 15

70 posts
More
Get a Moto G together with one of Motorola's Grip Shells. This should improve durability without being too bulky.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread