[Q] Gear stuck on "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" screen

Search This thread
Feb 2, 2014
After putting my Gear into download mode and using the cradle and a usb cord to hook it up to my laptop to flash a recovery to it it got stuck on that screen, i would like to get this resolved red pretty fast, the gear is getting hot and i think it might get burned into the screen. Does anyone know a solution to this?

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
After putting my Gear into download mode and using the cradle and a usb cord to hook it up to my laptop to flash a recovery to it it got stuck on that screen, i would like to get this resolved red pretty fast, the gear is getting hot and i think it might get burned into the screen. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Did you untick auto-reboot ?

If you did, your gear wont automatically reboot once the flash has finished.. once you confirm the flash has completed, simply manually reboot your gear into recovery mode & you will be welcomed by the TWRP logo.

The whole point of unticking the "auto-reboot" option is so it doesn't boot back into the android OS, otherwise the recovery will be overwritten with the default one.. I repeat you must manually reboot your gear into recovery mode by holding down the power button.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2014
Read my post agian..

Ok i see what you mean, but in the tutorial it just says to flash the recovery and then open mobileshare and transfer the rom to the gear, but when it is on the download screen i cant access its files on mobileshare...

am i supposed to reboot it and then put the rom on it? if so im sorry for my ignorance it wasnt clear in the tutorial.

Feb 2, 2014

If you did, your gear wont automatically reboot once the flash has finished.. once you confirm the flash has completed, simply manually reboot your gear into recovery mode & you will be welcomed by the TWRP logo.

The whole point of unticking the "auto-reboot" option is so it doesn't boot back into the android OS, otherwise the recovery will be overwritten with the default one.. I repeat you must manually reboot your gear into recovery mode by holding down the power button.

ok, I started it into the recovery and download menu right after i flashed the recovery, instead of rebooting to the normal android like i was, but when i choose recovery mode the screen turns off and stays like that until i hold down the power button, then it reboots to the normal gear android interface instead of showing the TWRP logo. am i doing something wrong??

Nathan9872

Feb 27, 2014
Help

ok, I started it into the recovery and download menu right after i flashed the recovery, instead of rebooting to the normal android like i was, but when i choose recovery mode the screen turns off and stays like that until i hold down the power button, then it reboots to the normal gear android interface instead of showing the TWRP logo. am i doing something wrong??

Got the same problem right now. When I choose "Recovery", the Gear just turn off...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.