Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Easiest way to "clone" two HTC Ones?

Tip us?

kram12085
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Easiest way to "clone" two HTC Ones?

Hi all, I'm switching from Verizon to T-Mobile. After hours of searching, bricking, then recovering my HTC One (don't try flashing a T-Mobile radio to a VZW phone...) I've come to the conclusion I need to buy a T-Mobile HTC One.

I have my device set up the way I like it, with custom launcher, the way things are arranged, etc. Is there an easy way to clone my Verizon One to the T-Mobile One I eventually buy? Without having to reinstall everything and reconfigure all the settings? Thanks.

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1,168
Use titanium backup to make a backup of all your personal apps and data (do not backup system apps or vzw apps). Then, copy your backup folder on your sd card from titanium backup to your pc. Once you get your t-mo one rooted. Install titanium backup and move your previous backup to the t-mo one. If you have titanium paid you can actually store your backup to a cloud and then download that backup to your new device. Hope that helps. That's how I've been doing things for years. I had a nexus 7 I setup the same way.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

spjoneser
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Might want to look into the built in htc backup and restore feature built into the one.

coldconfession13
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Or pop in tmo sim and it should work

Sent from my HTC One VZW using Tapatalk 4

kram12085
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie View Post
Use titanium backup to make a backup of all your personal apps and data (do not backup system apps or vzw apps). Then, copy your backup folder on your sd card from titanium backup to your pc. Once you get your t-mo one rooted. Install titanium backup and move your previous backup to the t-mo one. If you have titanium paid you can actually store your backup to a cloud and then download that backup to your new device. Hope that helps. That's how I've been doing things for years. I had a nexus 7 I setup the same way.
That may be how I try doing it. Any ideas on how to transfer a few gigs of music and movies between the two? Without an SD card, I can't think of a way to do it faster than transferring it all to a cloud or computer.

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by kram12085 View Post
That may be how I try doing it. Any ideas on how to transfer a few gigs of music and movies between the two? Without an SD card, I can't think of a way to do it faster than transferring it all to a cloud or computer.
That is probably your only option. You might even use your pc to put all your music and data into a zip. I have had trouble in the past transferring that much off of the phone not zipped up.

The Following User Says Thank You to disconnecktie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmlusco
Old
(Last edited by cmlusco; 3rd February 2014 at 02:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 922

DONATE TO ME
You could also use an app called Nandroid Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3t1c.bkrestore. It allows you to restore apps and their data from a nandroid backup, along with many other things.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
You could also use an app called Nandroid Manager. It allows you to restore apps and their data from a nandroid backup.
That sounds pretty cool. I might check that out

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 922

DONATE TO ME
Also just an fyi there is another cool app called Online Nandroid Backup https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3t1c.onnandbup, which allows you to do a nandroid backup while still booted to the os. No need to boot to recovery. The only reason i mention it is that the two apps kind of go together and link to each other from within the apps.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET