Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any hope for a ENG HBOOT?

Tip us?

isdnmatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default Any hope for a ENG HBOOT?

Do we have any hope of finding an ENG HBOOT? I would really like to change my modelid back to stock.
Devices currently in use:
Incredible 2, Rezound, Transformer TF101, Nexus 7, World's first S-OFF SHIP HTC One BLUE thanks to Sonic2756

Cares
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Do we have any hope of finding an ENG HBOOT? I would really like to change my modelid back to stock.
Can't this be done with the hex edit method posted in the development thread?

isdnmatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares View Post
Can't this be done with the hex edit method posted in the development thread?
I checked the HBOOT and it's listed as PN0731000, not as PN073**** as listed in bootloader.
Incredible 2, Rezound, Transformer TF101, Nexus 7, World's first S-OFF SHIP HTC One BLUE thanks to Sonic2756

cbrown245
Old
Thanks Meter 697
Quote:
Dont need an eng hboot , everything can be done by hex edits these days .
BadSeed Tranquil M8

isdnmatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown245 View Post
Dont need an eng hboot , everything can be done by hex edits these days .
Where is modelid located?

andybones
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,915

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I checked the HBOOT and it's listed as PN0731000, not as PN073**** as listed in bootloader.
PN073**** = SuperMID

those who are S-OFF threw sonic have it, with the only way to get it back to stock is with ENG hboot, or maybe you can flash the RUU go back to S-ON then use rumrunner if you REALLY wanted it back to stock.

Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

isdnmatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
PN073**** = SuperMID

those who are S-OFF threw sonic have it, with the only way to get it back to stock is with ENG hboot, or maybe you can flash the RUU go back to S-ON then use rumrunner if you REALLY wanted it back to stock.

Yes, I know the significance of this MID. I doubt that the RUU will overwrite the modelid. I believe ENG HBOOT is the only way.

andybones
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,915

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes, I know the significance of this MID. I doubt that the RUU will overwrite the modelid. I believe ENG HBOOT is the only way.

No, but setting it back to S-ON, *may* change it.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

isdnmatt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:

When S-OFF'd by Sonic's method, the JavaCard cleared the block (I believe it's referred to as the s26 block) which contains things like the S flag, MID, and CID. Turning S-ON will change the flag, but will not write the MID because it can be one of several MIDs (since the ONE is on several carriers).

scotty1223
Old
Thanks Meter 2,251
Quote:
it prolly can be hex edited. we just need to find the block hboot is reporting from. ive been meaning to look into this for you guys,lol.. just have been busy lately.

Quote:

nope... cid and mid will remain unchanged when you s on.

as far as the eng hboot,i *think* you can use the one from the dna forum,that the other one folks have used. it works on the sprint variant,and since sonic has flashed the gsm 1.44 hboot i would venture to guess it would work here too. despite that, id not really recomend trying it. it wont boot the phone due to the partition differences,and it is a freakish experience,as sometimes you dont see a bootloader,just a grey screen.

if you hang in there well look for the mid block.

if someone has one thats going back anyway,you can try it. youll need to:
-make up your own zip file to install the eng hboot
-fastboot oem writemid xxxxx
-immediately reinstall your old hboot,so have a copy of that ready and in your fastboot directory
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers(<-this means do not PM me questions)
donate to my device fund

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]