FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Any hope for a ENG HBOOT?

16th October 2013, 04:03 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Do we have any hope of finding an ENG HBOOT? I would really like to change my modelid back to stock.
 
 
16th October 2013, 04:39 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt

Do we have any hope of finding an ENG HBOOT? I would really like to change my modelid back to stock.

Can't this be done with the hex edit method posted in the development thread?
16th October 2013, 04:56 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares

Can't this be done with the hex edit method posted in the development thread?

I checked the HBOOT and it's listed as PN0731000, not as PN073**** as listed in bootloader.
16th October 2013, 06:20 PM |#4  
cbrown245's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 745
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt

Do we have any hope of finding an ENG HBOOT? I would really like to change my modelid back to stock.

Dont need an eng hboot , everything can be done by hex edits these days .
16th October 2013, 06:21 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown245

Dont need an eng hboot , everything can be done by hex edits these days .

Where is modelid located?
16th October 2013, 06:52 PM |#6  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 10,923
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt

I checked the HBOOT and it's listed as PN0731000, not as PN073**** as listed in bootloader.

PN073**** = SuperMID

those who are S-OFF threw sonic have it, with the only way to get it back to stock is with ENG hboot, or maybe you can flash the RUU go back to S-ON then use rumrunner if you REALLY wanted it back to stock.

16th October 2013, 06:57 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

PN073**** = SuperMID

those who are S-OFF threw sonic have it, with the only way to get it back to stock is with ENG hboot, or maybe you can flash the RUU go back to S-ON then use rumrunner if you REALLY wanted it back to stock.

Yes, I know the significance of this MID. I doubt that the RUU will overwrite the modelid. I believe ENG HBOOT is the only way.
16th October 2013, 07:00 PM |#8  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 10,923
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt

Yes, I know the significance of this MID. I doubt that the RUU will overwrite the modelid. I believe ENG HBOOT is the only way.


No, but setting it back to S-ON, *may* change it.
16th October 2013, 07:36 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones


No, but setting it back to S-ON, *may* change it.

When S-OFF'd by Sonic's method, the JavaCard cleared the block (I believe it's referred to as the s26 block) which contains things like the S flag, MID, and CID. Turning S-ON will change the flag, but will not write the MID because it can be one of several MIDs (since the ONE is on several carriers).
16th October 2013, 09:27 PM |#10  
scotty1223's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,603
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt

Yes, I know the significance of this MID. I doubt that the RUU will overwrite the modelid. I believe ENG HBOOT is the only way.

it prolly can be hex edited. we just need to find the block hboot is reporting from. ive been meaning to look into this for you guys,lol.. just have been busy lately.


Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones


No, but setting it back to S-ON, *may* change it.

nope... cid and mid will remain unchanged when you s on.

as far as the eng hboot,i *think* you can use the one from the dna forum,that the other one folks have used. it works on the sprint variant,and since sonic has flashed the gsm 1.44 hboot i would venture to guess it would work here too. despite that, id not really recomend trying it. it wont boot the phone due to the partition differences,and it is a freakish experience,as sometimes you dont see a bootloader,just a grey screen.

if you hang in there well look for the mid block.

if someone has one thats going back anyway,you can try it. youll need to:
-make up your own zip file to install the eng hboot
-fastboot oem writemid xxxxx
-immediately reinstall your old hboot,so have a copy of that ready and in your fastboot directory
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes