5,606,465 Members 33,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tool][Windows/Linux] Android Flashable Zip Creator v2.0

Tip us?

Nikhil
Old
(Last edited by Nikhil; 12th April 2014 at 07:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 780
Default [Tool][Windows/Linux] Android Flashable Zip Creator v2.0

Hi Everybody,
Are you tired of installing same apps again and again after installing new Rom or factory resetting current Rom?
Well, We have been experiencing the same since different Roms and Nightlies are out. Hence I and RajatPatel created a tool which would make it easier for you to try different Roms and install those apps in just one shot.

★ What is this tool about?

Android Flashable Zip Creator is a tool for those who oftenly flash new roms and want an easy way to install apps, change kernel or bootanimation. This tool allows them to create a normal as well as flashable zip with aroma installer that they can flash anytime in their rooted android device. Not only this is helpful to end users but also helpful for developers who release different version of their kernels.

★ Why is it required?

Imagine that youíre flashing the latest nightly of your favorite ROM. If you are performing a fresh install by wiping all of your data, this also means that you have to flash all of your modified system apps, user apps, modules, and so on. And if youíre doing this on a regular basis, all the wasted time really starts to add up. So what do you do? Do you manually install these apps again, or do you add them to your favorite ROM? That is where this tool is helpful.

★ How is it helpful?
  • This tool provides you two types of flashable zip as per your selection.
    - You can create a normal zip file which you can directly flash into recovery.
    - You can also create Flashable zip file with aroma installer which will provide you customizations and lets you choose what to install and what to skip.
  • This tool allows you to add as many as group that you want
    - This is helpful to developers who release different version of their kernels.
    - Also it is helpful for users who like to change bootanimations frequently.

★ Screenshots (Click on Screenshots tab for more)

Suggestions to make changes and making Feature requests are welcomed. Feel free to suggest anything

★ Disclaimer

If you're going to test this app, make sure you have a nandroid backup handy.
We won't be held responsible for any damage done to anything whatsoever. You use this tool at your own risk.

★ If you like this project, please press the "Tip us?" button so that more people can know about it. ★

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Flashable Zip Creator, a Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
Nikhil, RajatPatel

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-10

Created 2014-02-02
Last Updated 2014-04-10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_172543.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	2681447   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_172622.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	2681448   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_172713.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	2681449   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_172906.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	2681450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_173017.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	2681458  

Name:	20140411_173042.jpg
Views:	119
ID:	2681459   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_173142.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	2681460   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_173315.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	2681502   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_173418.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	2681503   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140411_173537.jpg
Views:	107
ID:	2681504  

Name:	20140411_173642.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	2681505  
If I can be of any assistance, just PM
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RajatPatel
Old
(Last edited by RajatPatel; 16th April 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 161
Default [Tool][Windows/Linux] Android Flashable Zip Creator v1.0

★ Credits ★
- @Cocolopes (for AFZC logo)
- @amarullz (for creating aroma installer)
- @Adam77Root
- @Kartik pat (for screenshots of aroma installer in recovery)
- @commandersafi

★ Currently Supported Devices ★

Code:
HTC One S C2 (ville c2)
HTC One mini (M4)
Huawei honor (U8860)
LG G2 At&T (D800)
LG Optimus L5 (e610)
LG Optimus L9 (p769)
LG Optimus 4X HD (p880)
LG G2 (D802)
Motorola RAZR Maxx
Motorola Defy
Samsung Galaxy Fame (s6812)
Samsung Galaxy Pocket (s5300)
Samsung Galaxy R (i9103)
Samsung Galaxy S (i9070) Advance
Samsung Galaxy S II (i9100)
Samsung Galaxy S III (i9300)
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9500)
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
Nexus 4 (e960)
Nexus 7 (2012 version)
Samsung Galaxy Note II (N7100)
Samsung Galaxy Note II AT&T (i317)
Samsung Galaxy Note III (hltetmo)
Samsung Galaxy Note III (N9002)
Xperia Go (st27i)
Xperia Z1 Compact
Note: Currently Supported Devices has full access to this tool as those are tested.

If you want your device to be included in this list, kindly First test importing update binary of any working ROM and if you are able to flash generated zip file, share update-binary and updater-script file from that working Rom.
The Following 56 Users Say Thank You to RajatPatel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RajatPatel
Old
(Last edited by RajatPatel; 5th February 2014 at 07:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 161
★ Steps to use the tool ★

Make Sure You have java installed in your computer.
  • Run Flashable-Zip-Creator.jar
  • Select your device from supported device OR import update-binary from any working Rom of your device.
  • To add Apk files.
    - Click on APKs Group
    - Add Group.
    - Select where to push files.
    - Add files to appropriate groups
  • To add Kernel (Only for Supported Devices)
    - Add Group
    - Add 1 boot.img file to created group (To add more, create more groups)
  • To add Boot Animations
    - Add Group
    - Add 1 bootanimation.zip file to created group (To add more, create more groups)
  • To add ringtones and notification files
    - Add Group
    - Add Files to group.
  • To add files that you want to delete from system apps.
    - Click on Delete System Apk
    - Add Exact name of apk file
    - Click on Done!
  • Click on 'Create Normal Flashable Zip' OR Create 'Flashable Zip With Aroma Installer' as per your desire.

★ FAQs ★
  1. My device is not in the list. What should I do to use this tool?
    - Just extract any working zip for your device and extract update-binary from zip's META-INF/google/android folder and import that binary in the tool, make a zip and try flashing it to your device. If the ZIP install is successful, then share update-binary by replying to this thread. Your device will get added to supported devices' list.

2. Can I include application data along with APKs into the flashable zip?
    - No, atleast for now. Data restore facility is yet to be added, but it is planned.

3. I want to go back to recovery from Aroma UI, but there is no back button. What should I do?
    - Just don't select any item in Aroma and keep pressing next until you end up in recovery. Don't worry, if you have selected nothing, then nothing will get flashed, chill.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to RajatPatel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RajatPatel
Old
(Last edited by RajatPatel; 10th April 2014 at 04:54 PM.) Reason: Version 2.0 released
Thanks Meter 161
★ Changelog ★

Recent
  • 10-April-2014 : Version 2.0

In Tool

- Fonts Group added
    - support for /preload/symlink/system/app path added.
    - Save/Load Project option
    - Ability to Add Description of File/Group
    - Ability to debug and save log while zip is creating.
    - Add Custom Themes
    - Add Custom Splash Screen
    - Other Preferences added
    - Option to clear dalvik cache by default from tool itself.
    - Edit Build.prop and/or hosts file
    - Edit Generated updater-script and aroma-config
    - Support for more devices.
    - Revamped UI.
    - Bug fixed from v1.0

In Recovery (Aroma)

- An additional Select All and Select None option added
    - 9 more themes added to choose from.
Previous

• 2-Feb-2014 : Initial Release
    - initial release
    - All features working except "Advanced Group"

★ TODO List ★
  • Ability to choose Gapps to be installed.
  • Ability to add description of particular file.
  • Ability to add Custom Splash screen
  • Save Project Option
  • Add logs to trace problems(if any)
  • Ability to make custom groups, with user defined files and their install locations
  • Support for zImage type kernels
  • Ability to restore data along with apps
  • Option to change theme of aroma-installer
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RajatPatel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

milav
Old
Thanks Meter 17
excellent guys was waiting for such application for long time as aroma file package creater was too basic will post replay after i try the app thanks guys good to see developers from gujarat
The Following User Says Thank You to milav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cocolopes
Old
(Last edited by Cocolopes; 2nd February 2014 at 06:12 PM.) Reason: Now Its working
Thanks Meter 866

DONATE TO ME
Nice...thanks for this app...but I cant download the zip....can you make a mirror?

Its OK...I have to use IE to download from dh....I dont know why Chrome cant do it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Cocolopes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RajatPatel
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by milav View Post
excellent guys was waiting for such application for long time as aroma file package creater was too basic will post replay after i try the app thanks guys good to see developers from gujarat
Sure you can suggest any feature requirements or modification in current features as well, feel free to communicate brother.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolopes View Post
Nice...thanks for this app...but I cant download the zip....can you make a mirror?

Its OK...I have to use IE to download from dh....I dont know why Chrome cant do it...
Works well on chrome for me. Maybe some issue at your side I guess. If multiple users are facing this issue please let me know so that I can consider making a mirror.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RajatPatel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cocolopes
Old
Thanks Meter 866

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up GooD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatPatel View Post
Sure you can suggest any feature requirements or modification in current features as well, feel free to communicate brother.

Well...if you ask....here is a list for possible features/changes:

1- Save Project button. (cuz I just try to make an aroma zip for n7100 and the process stop at 90% and I have to force close the program...so I lost all the things I made).

2- If there is a way...maybe you can add themes for aroma.

3- Individual install path for the apps in the same category. (e.g. in launchers category I have googlehome and nova...and I want to install googlehome in system and nova in data...to do that I need to make separate categorys?).

4- If is posible...add a preview for aroma menu. (I know maybe this is to much...but it would be nice to have something like that).

5- The hability to choose what acction come first...e.g. Remove apps first and then install apps...so I can remove all the things I want and then install the apps...(some times I want to delete from system some app...like g+ and install it as regular app...so if I need to delete it I can do it like a normal app).

6- Select custom splash image for aroma.

7- The hability to re arrange and edit names of the categorys and the apps....and for the apps a description for aroma would be great.

I know maybe ask for all of this its to much...and I dont know if some of this are possible to do features.

Thanks for make this program...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cocolopes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RajatPatel
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolopes View Post
Well...if you ask....here is a list for possible features/changes:

1- Save Project button. (cuz I just try to make an aroma zip for n7100 and the process stop at 90% and I have to force close the program...so I lost all the things I made).

2- If there is a way...maybe you can add themes for aroma.

3- Individual install path for the apps in the same category. (e.g. in launchers category I have googlehome and nova...and I want to install googlehome in system and nova in data...to do that I need to make separate categorys?).

4- If is posible...add a preview for aroma menu. (I know maybe this is to much...but it would be nice to have something like that).

5- The hability to choose what acction come first...e.g. Remove apps first and then install apps...so I can remove all the things I want and then install the apps...(some times I want to delete from system some app...like g+ and install it as regular app...so if I need to delete it I can do it like a normal app).

6- Select custom splash image for aroma.

7- The hability to re arrange and edit names of the categorys and the apps....and for the apps a description for aroma would be great.

I know maybe ask for all of this its to much...and I dont know if some of this are possible to do features.

Thanks for make this program...
Well, first of all many thanks for your suggestions.

And among the features that you suggested, feature number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 are very much possible and we'll consider adding it to our next release.

For feature no. 4, well, all I can say is that give me some designer and I can do that. First part of 7th point is possible and we'll consider adding it but I can't get what you are trying to convey in the latter part of 7th point. May you describe it a little bit more?

Cocolopes
Old
Thanks Meter 866

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajatPatel View Post
Well, first of all many thanks for your suggestions.

And among the features that you suggested, feature number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 are very much possible and we'll consider adding it to our next release.

For feature no. 4, well, all I can say is that give me some designer and I can do that. First part of 7th point is possible and we'll consider adding it but I can't get what you are trying to convey in the latter part of 7th point. May you describe it a little bit more?
You are wellcome...and its good to see that almost all my suggestions are posible....

For the last part of suggestion 7......I mean a description for the app....e.g. I add mms.apk from AOSP rom....and I want a way to add a description for that app...like THIS IS MMS APP FROM CM11...or what ever I want to put there...so in aroma I can read it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cocolopes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]