Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Is there any way to unbrick HTC Desire X?

OP jeryh160

2nd February 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Long story short: I think i bricked my HTC Desire X. After rooting (succesful) i tried to remove stock T-Mobile apps. They were re-installing after reboot. I did some research and found many solutions, one of them was to install custom kernel. So, i grabbed neXusKERNELv3 and using WinDroid HTC Desire X Toolkit (Fastboot Commands > Flash > System Image) i flashed .img file to my phone. After rebooting nothing happens - HTC quietly brilliant logo, vibration and blank black screen.

One of the solutions of this problem i found in the internet was to install custom rom, but to do so, i have to acces my sd card, which i cant.
I have acces to bootloader and recovery (phillaz touch 5).

Anyone can help me? I'm noob, i just wanted to get rid of those annoying T-Mobile apps!
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English, im not native english speaker.

Update: I turned on the phone and left it alone for some time - after HTC logo and black screen nothing happens for some time and then htc logo appears again, and there is black screen again.
Last edited by jeryh160; 2nd February 2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: update
3rd February 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Unhappy
Really noone can help? I am really worried, i know that i shouldnt do something which i dont completly understand, i am stupid. I really just want my phone back, even without root. As i mentioned before, I have PhillZ Touch 5 (CWM v6.0.3.7) recovery and acces to bootloader. My CID is T-Mob009.

Could you please tell me at least if this is fixable? Can i go to my local phone service and they will fix it for me? Or can i do something at home?
4th February 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryh160

Really noone can help? I am really worried, i know that i shouldnt do something which i dont completly understand, i am stupid. I really just want my phone back, even without root. As i mentioned before, I have PhillZ Touch 5 (CWM v6.0.3.7) recovery and acces to bootloader. My CID is T-Mob009.

Could you please tell me at least if this is fixable? Can i go to my local phone service and they will fix it for me? Or can i do something at home?

it's still can be fix it, not a big problem
maybe you can try reinstall the stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Nasheich Xfiles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #4  
demkantor's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,958
 
6,100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Don't go to local phone service, they can't help
Just find a ROM specific for your phone (search xda for desire x) and put it on sdcard. Either with an external SD reader or through recovery. Then wipe all in recovery, then flash ROM and gapps if needed
Then reboot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #5  
The Android Manual's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Sparta
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
1,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryh160

Long story short: I think i bricked my HTC Desire X. After rooting (succesful) i tried to remove stock T-Mobile apps. They were re-installing after reboot. I did some research and found many solutions, one of them was to install custom kernel. So, i grabbed neXusKERNELv3 and using WinDroid HTC Desire X Toolkit (Fastboot Commands > Flash > System Image) i flashed .img file to my phone. After rebooting nothing happens - HTC quietly brilliant logo, vibration and blank black screen.

One of the solutions of this problem i found in the internet was to install custom rom, but to do so, i have to acces my sd card, which i cant.
I have acces to bootloader and recovery (phillaz touch 5).

Anyone can help me? I'm noob, i just wanted to get rid of those annoying T-Mobile apps!
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English, im not native english speaker.

Update: I turned on the phone and left it alone for some time - after HTC logo and black screen nothing happens for some time and then htc logo appears again, and there is black screen again.

Dude one thing, your phone isin't bricked and you said you have Phiz touch recovery right? You can mount your SD card from there (I believe) then...

Before you do any of these make sure you have an unlocked phone (I know you said it. Rooted and unlocked bootloader), java and hansoon 2000's toolkir (optional, if you don't want to use CMD.) and an updated phone (you should have the 1.25 Hboot by now.)

1. Download a ROM and extract the boot.img to the folder where you have "fastboot.exe"
2. Boot your phone to recovery then mount your SD card from there.
3. Copy the ROM on to your SD card. (Oh you know that.)
4. Reboot back to bootloader and select fastboot
5. Plug your phone to your computer using a USB cable and open a command prompt window (CMD)
6. Type the following codes...
Code:
fastboot devices
Then
Code:
fastboot erase cache
And finally
Code:
fastboot flash boot (name_of_image).img
7. BACK UP YOUR STOCK ROM
8. Do a wipe data/factory reset
9. Wipe dalvik cache.
10. Flash the ROM that you placed in your SD card.

I hope it worked lol. Goodluck bro!
The Following User Says Thank You to The Android Manual For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
In addition if you don't have card reader

1. Flash TWRP or CWM recovery
2. From recovery open "ADB Sideload"
3. Flash the rom.zip with ADB sideload

For more info: http ://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com.tr/2013/12/ow-to-use-adb-sideload.html

4. Flash kernel (boot.img) via fastboot

Done
The Following User Says Thank You to lynxrz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I cant believe i was such a dumbass and i didnt think about THAT simple solution earlier! Anyway, my phone's working again thanks to you. IDK why flashing a kernel through that tool i mentioned in 1st post didnt work, but nevermind. Thank you again and have a good day!
11th February 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryh160

I cant believe i was such a dumbass and i didnt think about THAT simple solution earlier! Anyway, my phone's working again thanks to you. IDK why flashing a kernel through that tool i mentioned in 1st post didnt work, but nevermind. Thank you again and have a good day!

Friend,


can you tell me what should I exactly do. My problem is as same as you!

Where can I download flashable zip?

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryh160

I cant believe i was such a dumbass and i didnt think about THAT simple solution earlier! Anyway, my phone's working again thanks to you. IDK why flashing a kernel through that tool i mentioned in 1st post didnt work, but nevermind. Thank you again and have a good day!


Friend,

please let me know where can I download ROM and boot.img files. Then I can execute same steps ..

thanks for advance
11th February 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
anybody there to help me?
11th February 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 968
 
2,470 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veerusayz

anybody there to help me?

Just choose a ROM from Android General Section and download it; also you can choose a kernel from Original Android development.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes