Originally Posted by jeryh160
Long story short: I think i bricked my HTC Desire X. After rooting (succesful) i tried to remove stock T-Mobile apps. They were re-installing after reboot. I did some research and found many solutions, one of them was to install custom kernel. So, i grabbed neXusKERNELv3 and using WinDroid HTC Desire X Toolkit (Fastboot Commands > Flash > System Image) i flashed .img file to my phone. After rebooting nothing happens - HTC quietly brilliant logo, vibration and blank black screen.
One of the solutions of this problem i found in the internet was to install custom rom, but to do so, i have to acces my sd card, which i cant.
I have acces to bootloader and recovery (phillaz touch 5).
Anyone can help me? I'm noob, i just wanted to get rid of those annoying T-Mobile apps!
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English, im not native english speaker.
Update: I turned on the phone and left it alone for some time - after HTC logo and black screen nothing happens for some time and then htc logo appears again, and there is black screen again.
Dude one thing, your phone isin't bricked
and you said you have Phiz touch recovery right? You can mount your SD card from there (I believe) then...
Before you do any of these make sure you have an unlocked phone (I know you said it. Rooted and unlocked bootloader), java and hansoon 2000's toolkir (optional, if you don't want to use CMD.) and an updated phone (you should have the 1.25 Hboot by now.)
1. Download a ROM and extract the boot.img to the folder where you have "fastboot.exe"
2. Boot your phone to recovery then mount your SD card from there.
3. Copy the ROM on to your SD card. (Oh you know that.)
4. Reboot back to bootloader and select fastboot
5. Plug your phone to your computer using a USB cable and open a command prompt window (CMD)
6. Type the following codes...
fastboot flash boot (name_of_image).img
7. BACK UP YOUR STOCK ROM
8. Do a wipe data/factory reset
9. Wipe dalvik cache.
10. Flash the ROM that you placed in your SD card.
I hope it worked lol. Goodluck bro!