Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 44,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] [Free] Live Weather

Tip us?

sylsau
Old
(Last edited by sylsau; 11th March 2014 at 09:05 AM.) Reason: Change images links
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Default [App] [Free] Live Weather

Hello,

I make this thread to present you the new version of Live Weather, a free weather application available in version 3.0 here on the Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iveweatherlite

LiveWeather comes with an elegant and intuitive user interface that displays current weather data like temperature or current conditions and also forecasts with charts for high and max temperature.

LiveWeather provides an unique feature that lets you to see world map with cities, continents map or countries map !

LiveWeather’s data are available and updated 24h/24 and 7days/7.

A QR Code to download easily the application :

Some screenshots :

* Main screen with weather for your current location (sunrise and sunset are in your local time. So, it's for me sunrise and sunset times a New York are displayed in Marseille, France local time)

* Forecasts

* List of your favorite cities to display weather

* World meteo menu to choose your feature

* Country map for France (but other countries are supported)

* Country map for France with temperature display (you can choose wind, meteo or temperature for main cities of each country)

* World map for your favorite cities

* Clock Widget

* Forecasts Widget

In details, main features of Live Weather are following :
  • More than 100000 locations all around the world.
  • Current conditions for locations (Temperature, Conditions Icon and Text, Humidity, Wind).
  • Sunrise and sunset for each cities in local hours of city.
  • Current date of city which data are displayed.
  • Conditions Icon are adapted with sunrise / sunset informations (so moon is displayed when sunset Is finished).
  • Forecasts for the next 4 days displayed in charts with high and max temperatures.
  • GPS localization of your current city to display current meteo.
  • Save your favorite cities in a list.
  • Display favorite cities in a world map.
  • Display continents map with weather for main cities of each (Africa, America, Asia, Europa, Oceania).
  • Display countries map with weather of main cities of each (More than 20 countries supported for the moment with
  • Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Netherland, Romania, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA)
  • For each cities in map you can display temperature, icon conditions or wind conditions.
  • History data like cities with hottest and coldest temperatures in the world.
  • Display charts with average temperature by month of main cities in the world (others are added very often).
  • Help screen describing main data displayed by LiveWeather (You must slide to the right or left to change help data displayed).
  • Share city’s weather of your choice by email, SMS or via social network thanks to a generated image representing weather data.
  • Listen city’s weather in your current language.
  • Customize user interface.
  • Select temperature unit (°Celsius or °Farenheit).
  • 3 widgets (4x1 simple widget with current city and temperature, 4x2 forecasts widget and 4x2 clock widget with current city data).

Several languages are supported : French, English, Italian, Spanish and German. You can help me to translate in your favorite language by sending an email : sylvain.saurel@gmail.com .

A pro version with no ads is also available here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pp.liveweather

Link to direct APK download from my server : http://ssaurel.com/liveweather/LiveWeatherLite.apk

I wait your feedbacks and your ideas to improve the app .

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sylsau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sylsau
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
up

sylsau
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Someone has tried the application and has some feedbacks ?

sylsau
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Default Add link for APK direct download

I added link for APK direct download.

Don't hesitate to give a try .

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 219
I have not tried your app yet but I don't know whether your app has dual temperature (C and F) selection display at the same time or just a single temperature unit (C or F) selection. I think with globalization, people who are traveling for business or leisure will be better off to know both temperature at the same time rather than switching to single unit.
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB

sylsau
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan View Post
I have not tried your app yet but I don't know whether your app has dual temperature (C and F) selection display at the same time or just a single temperature unit (C or F) selection. I think with globalization, people who are traveling for business or leisure will be better off to know both temperature at the same time rather than switching to single unit.
Hello,

Application lets to switch between Celsius or Farenheit in preferences screen. Display the two values at the same time can be a good idea but it takes place on UI that is already consistent. I'm going to think about

Sylvain

galapagos
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Just checked it out. Firstly, the UI can be better just by using more visually pleasant, modern font. The old typewriter font (courier?) looks really outdated. More importantly, the weather information is really inaccurate. I checked out two cities right next to each other in my country. The yahoo weather has both cities at 15C while your app has one city at 16C and other at 12C. Also checked those cities at accuweather which has the same results as the yahoo's. Don't know why your app shows 16C and 12C (tried refreshing and restarting).

sylsau
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by galapagos View Post
Just checked it out. Firstly, the UI can be better just by using more visually pleasant, modern font. The old typewriter font (courier?) looks really outdated. More importantly, the weather information is really inaccurate. I checked out two cities right next to each other in my country. The yahoo weather has both cities at 15C while your app has one city at 16C and other at 12C. Also checked those cities at accuweather which has the same results as the yahoo's. Don't know why your app shows 16C and 12C (tried refreshing and restarting).
Hello,

For the fonts, I'm going to check to improve that.

Weather data are provided by OpenWeatherMap project that is a community and free project to provide data weather API. So, I hope data are good and if not (sometimes I think not all the time), I think they will work on to improve quality of the API.

Sylvain

sonwon
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylsau View Post
Hello,

Application lets to switch between Celsius or Farenheit in preferences screen. Display the two values at the same time can be a good idea but it takes place on UI that is already consistent. I'm going to think about

Sylvain
I would find dual temp display useful too, widgets too please. I know makes for a busy widget so there is your challenge.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Also, 1x1 widget please with weather icon, Celsius and Fahrenheit and anything else you can squeeze into a 1x1. I like all my useful apps on one screen and this is hard to do when one hogs the screen. I'll check this app out when I see 1x1 widget is available.

sylsau
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonwon View Post
I would find dual temp display useful too, widgets too please. I know makes for a busy widget so there is your challenge.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Also, 1x1 widget please with weather icon, Celsius and Fahrenheit and anything else you can squeeze into a 1x1. I like all my useful apps on one screen and this is hard to do when one hogs the screen. I'll check this app out when I see 1x1 widget is available.

Thanks. Good ideas. I'm going to work on it .