[CWM-TWRP] Xperia ION Dual Recovery for locked/unlocked bootloaders

Search This thread

Zorbeyd

Jan 23, 2013
zorbey.dogangunes.net
Dual Recovery for locked-unlocked bootloaders. TWRP 2.6.3 - CWM 6.0.3 works together!
Warning 1: I am not responsible for bricked phones..
Warning 2: If you are using CM10 Locked Bootloader Version, these scripts will broke initframs. Dont use this with it.
Warning 3: If you have CWM(with chargemon hack) you may get problem. Do fresh install without recoveries...

How it works ?
-When booting your phone, BLUE led will appear.
--Volume UP enters TWRP 2.6.3
--Volume DOWN enters CWM 6.0.3

GOOD NEWS :
On CWM, external-sd mount works and also " USB MOUNT STORAGE"

How to install :

Method 1)
Dual Recovery For Ion ( Installer Script )
Link : https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bw6g-VrksXLESnFIeERXTUh2Nkk

Requires for "method 1" : (JB-KK)
- rooted phone
- adb debug enabled
- busybox installed
- unknown sources enabled
and start
- download installer script from above.
- unzip it into a folder.
- there are batch files for windows users and also for linux users in both the zips.
- just execute the batch files and follow the messages if any.

Method 2)
Flashable Zip (only for TWRP flash, it wont work on CWM flashing.)
Link : https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bw6g-VrksXLEMlIzOUlSb2ZkWk0

Method 3)
- Download Flashable Zip version (on method 2 part).
- Extract it and copy files to your sdcard.
- Manually copy files via explorers with root:
cwmrecovery.tar and recovery.tar ---to--- /system/bin (set permissions 755)
step2.sh and pre_hw_config.sh ---to--- /system/etc (set permissions 755)
-Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
[CWM-TWRP] Xperia ION Dual Recovery for locked/unlocked bootloaders, a Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia Ion

Contributors
Zorbeyd

Version Information

Created 2014-02-03
Last Updated 2014-02-04

lonelykite

Oct 4, 2013
Mumbai
Dual Recovery for locked-unlocked bootloaders. TWRP 2.6.3 - CWM 6.0.3 works together!
Warning : I am not responsible for bricked phones..

How it works ?

GOOD NEWS :

Downloads :

Link : https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bw6g-VrksXLEVzAxalhCOXlQMms

Important : Installer Script works well on Linux platform, but i'm not able to test it on Windows. Need test.

Requires : (JB-KK)
- rooted phone
- adb debug enabled
- busybox installed

How to install :
- there are batch files for windows users and also for linux users in both the zips.

Link : https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bw6g-VrksXLEMlIzOUlSb2ZkWk0

[CWM-TWRP] Xperia ION Dual Recovery for locked/unlocked bootloaders, a Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia Ion

Contributors
Zorbeyd

Version Information

Created 2014-02-03
Last Updated 2014-02-02

@Zorbeyd the installer script is not working on windows
there is some error while running the script

but the zip file is working fine

Thanks

Reactions: Zorbeyd

kin912

Apr 23, 2011
Foshan
Which method did you use dear king912?

hei,bro.I pack it to miui rom.The files are cp to /tmp when the phone boot,but the sh is not work.:(

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

You should know the old method to boot recovery is hack the chargemon,but with a bug is that you can not reboot into recovery from the system.

I pm @MrGezz and he said that your recovery is work prefect.So I want to try.

argonom

Oct 26, 2013
Dual recovery works only once, that is I am able to get to either CWM or TWRP and do backup/restore, but if I restore previously made backup, the other recovery disappears. Moreover, depending on the rom I restore, recovery is screwed, meaning either CWM or TWRP refuse to work: cannot unmount system. It probably makes sense, because previous backup comes with its own recovery.

So, I guess this works, but only on subsequent backups and restore. In other words, you can only restore backups made after installation of double recovery.

P.S. You should give credit (as opposed to just thanks) to those who helped you with this. They provided you with files and directions on how to do this.

Last edited:

Zorbeyd

Jan 23, 2013
zorbey.dogangunes.net
Dual recovery works only once, that is I am able to get to either CWM or TWRP and do backup/restore, but if I restore previously made backup, the other recovery disappears. Moreover, depending on the rom I restore, recovery is screwed, meaning either CWM or TWRP refuse to work: cannot unmount system. It probably makes sense, because previous backup comes with its own recovery.

So, I guess this works, but only on subsequent backups and restore. In other words, you can only restore backups made after installation of double recovery.

P.S. You should give credit (as opposed to just thanks) to those who helped you with this. They provided you with files and directions on how to do this.

A lot of people have locked bootloader here. So recoveries/scriptes must be based on ROM directories. If you use your old ROM backups this will gone. That is as natural as breathing.

and read second post for credits.

Reactions: ruzgar515

argonom

Oct 26, 2013
A lot of people have locked bootloader here. So recoveries/scriptes must be based on ROM directories. If you use your old ROM backups this will gone. That is as natural as breathing.

and read second post for credits.

That's right. But what is the point of having dual recovery? So that people can restore backups of prior roms made with CWM, but they can't do it, because dual recovery will be erased on restore. People with locked bootloaders can use CWM fine, but not TWRP. You should probably rewrite the script to have just TWRP. This way those with locked bootloaders can have it too. You don't really need dual recovery...

Good job, anyway...

Zorbeyd

Jan 23, 2013
zorbey.dogangunes.net
That's right. But what is the point of having dual recovery? So that people can restore backups of prior roms made with CWM, but they can't do it, because dual recovery will be erased on restore. People with locked bootloaders can use CWM fine, but not TWRP. You should probably rewrite the script to have just TWRP. This way those with locked bootloaders can have it too. You don't really need dual recovery...

Good job, anyway...

Do your backups with dual recovery, you wont lost dual recovery.

This is simple like that.

Reactions: jeriku

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning 1: I am not responsible for bricked phones..
    Warning 2: If you are using CM10 Locked Bootloader Version, these scripts will broke initframs. Dont use this with it.
    Warning 3: If you have CWM(with chargemon hack) you may get problem. Do fresh install without recoveries...

How it works ?

GOOD NEWS :

How to install :

Method 1)
    Link : https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bw6g-VrksXLESnFIeERXTUh2Nkk

Requires for "method 1" : (JB-KK)
    - rooted phone
    - adb debug enabled
    - busybox installed
    and start

Method 2)

Method 3)
    - Download Flashable Zip version (on method 2 part).
    - Extract it and copy files to your sdcard.
    - Manually copy files via explorers with root:
    cwmrecovery.tar and recovery.tar ---to--- /system/bin (set permissions 755)
    step2.sh and pre_hw_config.sh ---to--- /system/etc (set permissions 755)
    -Reboot

Contributors
    Zorbeyd

Version Information

Created 2014-02-03
    Last Updated 2014-02-04
    Thanks goes to : @letama , @djolivier , @ganeshbiyer , twrp team, cyanogenmod, fxp, @MrGezz , @DooMLoRD , crazy_doze
    Installer Script Updated (added first post) (thanks to [NUT]) :

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bw6g-VrksXLESnFIeERXTUh2Nkk
    nice , congratz :)

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I don't think it is works for me.:(