cannot make calls via wifi calling, but can recieve texts/calls and send text help

Search This thread

azethoth

Jun 28, 2011
I have a TMo galaxy s3. It is running 4.3 firmware. My wifi calling does not allow me to make calls although sometimes I can call my voice mail using wifi calling.
I can however receive calls and texts as well as send texts via wifi calling.

Cellular based calls work fine.

TMO seems to think the phone is defective, this phone is a replacement I just got and they are sending me a new one.

If the new phone experiences the same problem I am going to need some advice to fix it. I must use wifi calling in my house, tmo coverage here is terrible.

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
As it is, overall, I had nothing but problems with WiFi Calling over Stable Wireless. So I had given up on that. If you really have signal issues, then please see if your Router is capable of prioritizing your phone's traffic over other devices.

azethoth

Jun 28, 2011
As it is, overall, I had nothing but problems with WiFi Calling over Stable Wireless. So I had given up on that. If you really have signal issues, then please see if your Router is capable of prioritizing your phone's traffic over other devices.

Thanks for the response.

Wifi calling works fine on my G2 with no issues at all.

It works fine on this S3 except for the whole making calls thing. It just instantly ends the call the second the call connects.