Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc]

Tip us?

CarbonDev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2701

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc]

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc], ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
CarbonDev, BigShotRob22
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-03
Last Updated 2014-06-07
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CarbonDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CarbonDev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2701

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

CarbonDev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2701

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

noy-z
Old
Thanks Meter 48
First

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

matrixzone
Old
Thanks Meter 733
Second
If this is helpful or useful, please hit "Thanks" and its free

akhil.myteam
Old
Thanks Meter 7
3rd...!!!!!

warri
Old
(Last edited by warri; 3rd February 2014 at 12:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil.myteam View Post
3rd...!!!!!
Bandwagon!! 5th....err 4th?.. Downloading Now, Thanks Carbon

PA Gapps or you hosted your own?
Follow me on Twitter: w4rri
Hit Thanks If I was helpful

Nexus 5 - AOSPA 4.1 - 16GB - ART

Retired:
Galaxy S3 - Quantum v3 KitKat
HTC One XL - CM10
Captivate - ICS AOKP - Glitch
HTC FUZE - ENERGY ROM -Raphael Cookie Reference

jonhy25
Old
Thanks Meter 26
OMG ! Let's Carbonize this phone! Downloads link is broken?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Nvm it just took a little time to let the page opens..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919V 16GB
Carrier: Videotron
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP)
Android: 4.4.2
Rom: Google Play Edition from Danvdh
Kernel: KTweaker from Ktoonsez
Modem: M919VVLUFNB5
Launcher: Nova Prime

Thanks to ktoonsez, CyanogenMod, Danvdh, Faux123, Chainfire and Dees_Troy for their excellent work

o0BlacknesS0o
Old
(Last edited by o0BlacknesS0o; 3rd February 2014 at 09:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1902

DONATE TO ME
Wrong thread

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mmurphmsu
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Anyone having issues with their chromecast? Last night I was rewatching some walking dead and started another episode and the sound didn't work. Turned out that the phone had turned the volume all the way down. Just now was using it with play music and it stopped playing all together. Didn't have these issues on another KK ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app