5,597,007 Members 47,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] Galaxy S4 Active*Reference Page* All the links and discusion you need

Tip us?

joshuadjohnson22
Old
(Last edited by joshuadjohnson22; 14th August 2013 at 07:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Default [Official] Galaxy S4 Active*Reference Page* All the links and discusion you need

Important links for the Galaxy S4 active:

Get 50% off Samsung Accessories by registering here

***Software Mod links***

Nottach + Xposed Framework works here

Get Google Wallet here

Original boot animation mod here

Phone Call Recording here

Speed up TouchWiz Mod here

If I left anything out let me know!

Reviews and stuff:

************************************************** ************************************************** *******
Videos:

Unboxing

My initial post-unboxing thoughts

My screen comparison with the HTC One

Water Test

S4 Compared to the S4 Active

************************************************** ************************************************** *******

Finally a galaxy we can view in the sunlight with the LCD. This is what I have been waiting for . Ugly buttons and 8 mp camera but I will take it.
What do you think? It would make me mad if I had the S4, kinda like the skyrocket with the s2. I say hurry up and release AT&T....

(I hid the below photos because the pictures are big and cause annoyance if always up)
Colors:

Compared + other pictures:

Full review from GSM arena can be found here

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...laxy-s4-active
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_offi...-news-6161.php
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to joshuadjohnson22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

viper_insane
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
Finally a galaxy we can view in the sunlight with the LCD. This is what I have been waiting for . Ugly buttons and 8 mp camera but I will take it.
What do you think? It would make me mad if I had the S4, kinda like the skyrocket with the s2. I say hurry up and release AT&T....
On the fence here 1) 3 feet is hardly waterproof, so you could drop it in the toilet, not the pool. 2) Maybe a July release, not sure I would wait if I did not have the S4 in my hands now... 3) and most important, only 16gb. As a dude who waited the 2 weeks to get a 32, this is a non starter for me...

It is killer that its a user replaceable battery.

mattdm
Old
Thanks Meter 390
It's a very interesting device...if the Moto X doesn't turn out to be the über-phone I'm hoping for, I may sell my current S4 and pick up one of these.
Phone: AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
Firmware: LiquidSmooth KitKat
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5

So say we all.

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_insane View Post
On the fence here 1) 3 feet is hardly waterproof, so you could drop it in the toilet, not the pool. 2) Maybe a July release, not sure I would wait if I did not have the S4 in my hands now... 3) and most important, only 16gb. As a dude who waited the 2 weeks to get a 32, this is a non starter for me...

It is killer that its a user replaceable battery.
Yeah, but it is still worth it IMO. I wish they packed more GB in but looks good, LCD is huge for me. My HTC One will keep my busy until I can grab this beauty
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

Norcalz71
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Yeah, but it is still worth it IMO. I wish they packed more GB in but looks good, LCD is huge for me. My HTC One will keep my busy until I can grab this beauty
I MIGHT have to upgrade again when this release, waterproof/dust proof is a flagship level not-dumbed-down (except camera) phone is about the most sought-after feature for me that I can think of that is not yet widely available. I hope it sells really well so that the next iteration of the galaxy line (and other manufacturers) will feature a flagship level, truly rugged device. More depth on the waterproofing (say 10 meters?) would be nice, but hey its a start. Think it visually looks great too for what it is.

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalz71 View Post
I MIGHT have to upgrade again when this release, waterproof/dust proof is a flagship level not-dumbed-down (except camera) phone is about the most sought-after feature for me that I can think of that is not yet widely available. I hope it sells really well so that the next iteration of the galaxy line (and other manufacturers) will feature a flagship level, truly rugged device. More depth on the waterproofing (say 10 meters?) would be nice, but hey its a start. Think it visually looks great too for what it is.
It probably can go deeper but they have to say that just in case there are complications. Just as long as you don't make it a practice to submerge very deep you should be ok. Personally I will just use it for mistakes like toilet and if I bring it to the pool but forget. I don't plan on purposely bringing my phone into the water.

I agree, I have high hopes, it looks nice, adds the feature I want (reason I avoided the S4 was the screen) I just hope AT&T decide to keep the bootloader unlocked
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Norcalz71
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
It probably can go deeper but they have to say that just in case there are complications. Just as long as you don't make it a practice to submerge very deep you should be ok. Personally I will just use it for mistakes like toilet and if I bring it to the pool but forget. I don't plan on purposely bringing my phone into the water.

I agree, I have high hopes, it looks nice, adds the feature I want (reason I avoided the S4 was the screen) I just hope AT&T decide to keep the bootloader unlocked
agreed. I spend summer on the water and winter on the snow, even decent waterproofing is a hell of a feature to me.

rschauby
Old
Thanks Meter 15
So how much bulkier is this thing? A rugged phone is very appealing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschauby View Post

did you click to see the photos? It is just a tad bit bigger, not too much
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

The Following User Says Thank You to joshuadjohnson22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattdm
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschauby View Post

Did you not see the pictures in the OP? It doesn't look that much more bulky...
Phone: AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
Firmware: LiquidSmooth KitKat
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5

So say we all.