Visually Laggy Notification Center?

Search This thread

EpicMango

May 15, 2013
I've been on 4.4.2 for a little bit now....but around 2 weeks ago I started randomely experiencing notification center lag. It happens with all notifications. I experienced this on DanVH's 4.4.2 ROM. I decided I just needed to flash his latest which I did and the problem persisted...

I assumed that it was his ROM that was at fault so I went ahead and flashed KangaKat 4.4.2 and the problem is STILL persistent...

Which is wierd because I used to be on the SAME exact build of KangaKat BEFORE I ever flashed Dans 4.4.2 and I never experienced this lag of any sort...and nobody else seems to have the problem I do...

I'm thinking it has something to do with my device. Any ideas you guys have? I really hate having the lag, especially now since GoldenEye has a lag free notification....its just really unattractive. Is there a way I could possibaly wipe my phone during flashing to maybe get rid of some reminants of something left behind??? helppp

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
It's probably app related. Are there any apps you installed around the time you started noticing the problem?

EpicMango

May 15, 2013
I've noticed it happens with Gmail Skype and Kik sometimes....

Those are the 3 apps I use the most. Sometimes (like 5 minutes ago) it was laggy with Gmail and Skype. Sometimes its Kik and Skype

Sometimes its just kik itself..

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I've noticed it happens with Gmail Skype and Kik sometimes....

Those are the 3 apps I use the most. Sometimes (like 5 minutes ago) it was laggy with Gmail and Skype. Sometimes its Kik and Skype

Sometimes its just kik itself..

You can try clearing the cache in this and see if it helps.

TikiThePug

Feb 10, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Just did that....

Got a laggy Skype notification...
Surprisingly, I've experienced this lag on all types of ROMs (stock, GPE, AOSP), and still don't know why it happens. If it starts bothering me (and it does at some point), I just do a soft reboot. It might have something to do with Dalvik. Maybe this will be fixed if you have ART working.