[APP][4.0+] SwiP - Switch profiles intelligently 0.2.6 [Beta]
Hello there guys!
After some hard work we've finally reached a state where we'd really appreciate some reviews, publicity and feedback for our project.
Most of all some feedback would be nice as we don't actually have a wide range of devices to test on.
Basically what we wanted to do is to implement an open source alternative to Llama, Trigger and all the other profile/automation apps.
Of course we aren't nearly as advanced as they are at the moment.. but let's see where we are going to get with the help of you guys.
Here's the full description of what's possible right now:
SwiP - Switch profiles intelligently
SwiP is an intelligent profile app for Android.
It's meant to be an open source alternative to well-known apps like LLama and Trigger (though in a much smaller scale at the moment), which still offers some unique features.
SwiP allows you to create, manage and apply profiles which can contain the following settings:
- Ringer Mode
- Ringtone- & Notification Volume
- Media Volume
- Alarm Volume
- Mobile Data
- Automatic Brightness
- Display Time Out
There are also some features which are unfortunately only available for rooted phones like NFC, Airplane Mode and Lockscreen.
Furthermore the app offers trigger-management. A trigger basically defines a rule for the automatic application of selected profiles.
The user is able to create said triggers and to use them for his daily workflow.
A trigger can contain the following rules:
- Location (Geofence)
- Time (Exact time or time range)
- Battery State
- Battery Level (Exact level or level range)
- Headphone State
These rules can be freely combined (e.g. at a certain location AND a certain time).
So if you've got an Android 4.X device and want to give it a try, please go ahead!
There are already some known issues we are working on, like:
- GPS only working on AOSP roms or when installed as system app (still searching for a way to find out which rom is running)
- Lockscreen only working on some devices, on other devices it simply accepts every PIN/Pattern (here some feedback would be really nice!)
- Priority not implemented the best way possible.. just didn't find the time yet to implement a drag&drop list
- User interface is not as intuitive as we'd liked it to be. There will be a tutorial some time..
If you find any bugs, please don't hesitate to report them here: https://bitbucket.org/FlorianSchrofner/swip/issues
Also feel free to send us pull requests, we'd love to get other developers involved.
Check out the source: https://bitbucket.org/FlorianSchrofner/swip/
If you'd like to help us out, you could participate in the translations here: https://crowdin.net/project/swip
If you like the project, show some <3 and rate it