Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 45,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Gs4 goes from 4G to 4G Lte is there away to keep it on 4G Lte

Tip us?

xda23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default My Gs4 goes from 4G to 4G Lte is there away to keep it on 4G Lte

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

xda23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
O.k. I went into ◊#2263#◊ and locked my phone on 4G Lte but now I have no signal bars but I do have data I get 10 m.b.p.s. down and 4-5 m.b.p.s. up.should I keep it locked on Lte only or Lte and Gsm? any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4233

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23 View Post
O.k. I went into ◊#2263#◊ and locked my phone on 4G Lte but now I have no signal bars but I do have data I get 10 m.b.p.s. down and 4-5 m.b.p.s. up.should I keep it locked on Lte only or Lte and Gsm? any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would keep it on LTE and GSM. If you keep it on LTE only, you will not be able to make or receive calls. If you keep it on LTE/GSM only, then if a call comes in it will switch to GSM.
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xda23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23 View Post

Thanks bud.

HTCMDA
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You're just in a bad spot.. (unless it does it no matter where you go). If that's the case maybe LTE hasn't really been fully deployed in your area and you're just getting the outskirts of an LTE zone. I get 2 bars of LTE at my house and it fluctuates from LTE to 4G depending on lots of factors. But once outside it stays on LTE 2-full bars