FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[REQUEST] Stock Launcher With 5x4 Grid Layout

409 posts
Thanks Meter: 168

By keyz86, Senior Member on 10th November 2013, 04:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can anybody please help me out by modding the stock laucher to have 5 icons down and 4 icons across, no other mods needed.

Mega thanks in advance.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

12th November 2013, 12:47 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southend

More
No one?

12th November 2013, 09:33 AM |#3  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,671

Donate to Me
More
You have 2.0.5b or 2.0.6 Home launcher.
It's a customized launcher but it's very, very good.
And you can choose number of columns and rows as you like.

Try it - it's very good...

Sent from my Z1
15th November 2013, 10:53 AM |#4  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 37

More
+1 for a mod like this
+1 for a mod like this! Been using Nova Launcher on my previous phones but I like the stock one on this phone and would like to keep using those widgets that only work in the Sony launcher. A 5x4 layout would work much better for certain widgets I use so I hope someone is able to mod this!
15th November 2013, 02:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_nl

+1 for a mod like this! Been using Nova Launcher on my previous phones but I like the stock one on this phone and would like to keep using those widgets that only work in the Sony launcher. A 5x4 layout would work much better for certain widgets I use so I hope someone is able to mod this!

+1 on this for the mod. But the new Nova Beta from today looks great too. Icon size to 110% and The Text Size to Normal instead of Condensed the phone is looking gorgious.
15th November 2013, 05:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
+1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
16th November 2013, 01:13 PM |#7  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Hey guys,

Since a couple of us are looking for this mod, I decided to give it a go myself. I found this post to help - although it's for the Touchwiz launchers, I figured it could be adapted to ours as well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27433971

I found similar settings in our home.apk and modified them, however upon uploading the modified home.apk, nothing changed. I tried making several edits, none of which actually changed something visible on the screen. I went as far as completely erasing the home.apk from the phone - still it was somehow being used as the default launcher, which has me believing that another file is used as the launcher. I used system\app\home.apk. Maybe someone with some more knowledge can shed some light on this so we can get this mod going?
17th November 2013, 11:16 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southend

More
Quote:

Hey guys,

Since a couple of us are looking for this mod, I decided to give it a go myself. I found this post to help - although it's for the Touchwiz launchers, I figured it could be adapted to ours as well.

I found similar settings in our home.apk and modified them, however upon uploading the modified home.apk, nothing changed. I tried making several edits, none of which actually changed something visible on the screen. I went as far as completely erasing the home.apk from the phone - still it was somehow being used as the default launcher, which has me believing that another file is used as the launcher. I used system\app\home.apk. Maybe someone with some more knowledge can shed some light on this so we can get this mod going?

Thanks for giving it a go! Glad to see some one get the ball rolling on this one . Anyone else got any ideas?

19th November 2013, 11:22 AM |#9  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Thumbs up Done!
Hey guys,

Gave it another go, and voila: a 5x4 launcher. Put it in system\app and enjoy! If you feel it needs some further tweaking, feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Home.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.00 MB, 32 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal_nl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2013, 12:11 PM |#10  
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,229

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hey guys,

Thread not found error, please can you link it again so I can have a look at how it is done. Or could you tell us which settings needed changing

Also, was it this version of the home.apk you used or an older one.
Home.apk V6.1.A.0.5
19th November 2013, 01:50 PM |#11  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Thread not found error, please can you link it again so I can have a look at how it is done. Or could you tell us which settings needed changing

Also, was it this version of the home.apk you used or an older one.
Home.apk V6.1.A.0.5

Hey gregbradley,

Just finished testing. The modified Home.apk is based on the pre-installed V6.0.2A.0.13 of the apk. I've created a 5x4 version for 6.1.A.0.5 as well - attached below. Small install instruction - if you haven't installed 6.1.A.0.5 yet, do so first. Copy this file into data\app. It's not needed to have the modified Home.apk installed, if you already have though, you can simply install the update and copy this file into the right place for it to work.

Modification for both versions are the same: decompile, inside res\values-sw360dp\ you'll find 3 files, 2 which need editing:

- integers.xml needs 2 be modified to include the following code:
Quote:

<integer name="desktop_grid_columns">4</integer>
<integer name="desktop_grid_rows">5</integer>

- dimens.xml has the following line, value changed from 113.0 to 90:
Quote:

<dimen name="desktop_cell_height_port">90dip</dimen>

That's all that I changed so far. Tons of different values that can be changed as well but since I'm at work I have limited time to mess with that at the moment.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.sonyericsson.home-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.58 MB, 12 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal_nl For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread