[Q] lock icon

Search This thread

wolveryne

Feb 6, 2014
Hey all

I can't seem to find the answer to this question. But what is this lock icon in the upper right corner on the notification bar mean
I have been looking all day for what this means. Any one know? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: micmars

DevilDog512

Nov 9, 2013
Austin
It puts your phone in lockscreen. Lockscreen shortcut so you don't have to use hard keys I guess. I don't like it so I don't use it, however I did notice it on the excellent deviant themes.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

dirtrider501

Jun 7, 2012
grand rapids
I noticed this too after I flashed a deviant theme. I also didn't like it and couldn't figure out how to change any of the things in the notification area, ie clock, battery etc. Would like to know how to get rid of the lock symbol and change the look of the notification bar in the deviant theme. Love the theme but this is a killer for me, had to go back to previous theme.

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I noticed this too after I flashed a deviant theme. I also didn't like it and couldn't figure out how to change any of the things in the notification area, ie clock, battery etc. Would like to know how to get rid of the lock symbol and change the look of the notification bar in the deviant theme. Love the theme but this is a killer for me, had to go back to previous theme.

Are those Wanam presets? Let me check...since if they are, you can just get rid of it with a few taps within Wanam...

Ah, those are the ones that came from the hockey mask themer dude.

Anyway, when I looked inside of those, most of what I saw were apk replacements, not image mods (unlike swapping out png files, those replace the existing apps in system).

Meaning that, if I'm right, they are all or nothing propositions, your apps, once swapped, gain the latter's characteristics, and lose the former's.

Unzip the mod, and if the framework or system ui are outright replacements and not folders filled with a bunch of image files, your choices are...

Keep the mod, and try to use Wanam to deep-six the padlock,
Keep the mod and live with same,
Try one of the other mods on the themes and apps forum that uses a png swap/vrtheme approach, and you'll have no padlock to remove

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtrider501

dirtrider501

Jun 7, 2012
grand rapids
Thanks! Way over my head though! I played in the wanam settings and wasn't able to change anything about it. I am learning something new everyday, hope I can understand the resolve you described someday as I really liked the theme especially the dialer that is way cool. Thanks again!

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Thanks! Way over my head though! I played in the wanam settings and wasn't able to change anything about it. I am learning something new everyday, hope I can understand the resolve you described someday as I really liked the theme especially the dialer that is way cool. Thanks again!

I'm on KitKat, but I'm almost certain that in jellybean that there is an option under the notification settings for persistent lockscreen icon in status bar.

dirtrider501

Jun 7, 2012
grand rapids
Are those Wanam presets? Let me check...since if they are, you can just get rid of it with a few taps within Wanam...

Anyway, when I looked inside of those, most of what I saw were apk replacements, not image mods (unlike swapping out png files, those replace the existing apps in system).

Meaning that, if I'm right, they are all or nothing propositions, your apps, once swapped, gain the latter's characteristics, and lose the former's.

Unzip the mod, and if the framework or system ui are outright replacements and not folders filled with a bunch of image files, your choices are...

Try one of the other mods on the themes and apps forum that uses a png swap/vrtheme approach, and you'll have no padlock to remove

How does one tell if the theme uses the png swap/vrtherme approach as you talk about by looking at the theme as a flashable package?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
    Hey all

I can't seem to find the answer to this question. But what is this lock icon in the upper right corner on the notification bar mean
    I have been looking all day for what this means. Any one know? Thanks in advance.
    It puts your phone in lockscreen. Lockscreen shortcut so you don't have to use hard keys I guess. I don't like it so I don't use it, however I did notice it on the excellent deviant themes.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk